Batch Image
Reaction score
After working in the garden all day I set out to accomplish 5 things
Cook with and review the Oakridge Prototype Saigon21
Cook an entry for the Garlic TD
Cook an entry for the Sauce TD
Enjoy a cold beverage or few
Wrap up with a good meal

To begin with I tasted the Saigon21 raw and was not sure about it. There was something I just did not care for. I was not positive what it was , maybe the amount of Thai Basil? Not horrible just not sure about it. Still going through with it.

Cubed up a pork lion

Pork.jpg

Cut chunks of Chicken Thighs

Chicken.jpg

I put the meats in separate ziplocks and coated with a mixture of vegetable oil and Sesame oil and let it rest while we made the Garlic Sauce.

Here is the ingrediants for the Garlic Sauce

Ingrediants.jpg

Mince up the Garlic

Mince.jpg

Add the salt, lemon juice, and vegetable oil slowly while mixing

Oil.jpg

Garlic Sauce is done and the meats are ready for the Saigon21

Garlic Sauce.jpg

Added the rub. Mike said liberally so That's what I did

Rub.jpg

It was a warm day

Hot.jpg

Time for a cold Beverage

Beverage.jpg

Kabobs built

Kabobs.jpg

On the grill at 375°

On Grill.jpg

Went with the Yoder so I could get even heat

Yoder.jpg

Cooking right along

Cooking.jpg

Time to flip

Flip.jpg

And they are done

Done.jpg

Plated and ready for the taste

Plated.jpg

I was impressed with the change in flavor of the Saigon21
The flavor I did not care for was gone and the flavor after cooking was inhanced. I have some left and will have to try another cut of meat.

After tasting both the meats I then used the Garlic Dipping Sauce. The combination of the Saigon21 and the Garlic Sauce was a great blend. I am liking this for sure.

Entry.jpg

Thanks for looking
SD

Oh, hell, yes!

Love the kebabs, especially with the addition of the Saigon 21 direction.... but that garlic "sauce!?" Killing me!

Great review and even better cook. I was worried about the anise and cinnamon in the rub but, from what I am hearing they don't really come through strong. The beer sounds very good too. I guess I am a bit naive but, was thinking gardening in Montana, isn't it cold like here in Michigan (plant around Memorial Day). Apparently not going by your thermometer. All in all sounds like you had a really good weekend

Thanks guys!

Marc, The Garlic Sauce is Soooo Good!

Joe, The weather here can change on a dime. I got a sun burn working on the garden (prep work) yesterday. It was warm this morning and then the winds came in (35 mph) and we are expecting snow tonight - WTF?

Thanks Jeanie. Been awhile since I used them....and I gave the Blackstone spinner away!

All in a day's work. I'm going to have to steal your idea for a to-do list, I won't have any problem completing those tasks. Well done!

Back