Contest Announcment NYC BBQ Cookoff-- Staten Island, NY. April 11, 2015

I'm sleeping with BBQ MAFIA on this one, sort of. Getting experience with a BBQ team as part of the requirement of becoming a KCBS MCBJ some day. Mr. Guido was very generous to allow me to participate.
I do understand completely that I have to show up before 10a on Saturday. I am totally ready! Almost forgot. I'll bring some fresh kale from California with me for the boxes.

I'm sleeping with BBQ MAFIA on this one, sort of. Getting experience with a BBQ team as part of the requirement of becoming a KCBS MCBJ some day. Mr. Guido was very generous to allow me to participate.
I do understand completely that I have to show up before 10a on Saturday. I am totally ready! Almost forgot. I'll bring some fresh kale from California with me for the boxes.

If you want to be a MCBJ you better get to studying the rules, kale is a no-no:tsk: :p

The TailgateJoe.com crew will be there! We will be giving out some kind of food and have a few beers on hand for competitors on Friday night like we did last year. Make sure you come by and say hi.

Our paperwork is being sent in today for this one, after this being our first event ever last year and some major revamping hoping for a much better showing this year.

Mornin' Wood Long Island will be there. 4th year and always an interesting venue. Lots of public and a definite festival atmosphere.

Need a few more teams.
Who else is coming that hasn't sent in their app yet. Frank told me the 25 team limit was incorrect. There were 37 teams last year and they will take as many teams as they can fit.
Who's in??

I wish I could come back this year but I have a conflict that weekend. My son has a Karting race in North Carolina that weekend.

I enjoyed the Staten Island comp. last year. The guys do a good job running it.

Back