Poke Chops and Possum Corn

Garrett

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Started out with some 1 1/2" thick chops, dusted with PitHappens I picked up at BassPro this weekend. Injected the corn with buttah and OldBay.

Got the mini going with RO lump and a chunk of apple wood. Rolling just under 300. Put the corn on the bottom rack about 15 mins before the chops went on.

While that was happening, got a can of pork n beans going with sliced cheese and butter. Y'all really need to try this!!!

After an hour the corn was done and the chops was at an IT of 117, I removed the corn and placed the chops on a rack over the coals for a reverse sear.

Took chops to an IT of 145 and plated everything up.

Thanks for looking!! The chops were very moist and tastey!! Corn was too, wife want let me fix corn any other way.

Looks danged fine Garrett! Your pork chop looks so juicy, really nice!!

Nice job!
My family is hooked on possum corn as well.
Not sure what's going to happen when corn season is over.

That is an awesome looking pork chop and nice corn. My daughter loves corn, but I do not think I have the technique down quite yet. Any tips?

Man, that looks good. We are Pork and Beans fans....gotta try em your way! I love a good poke chop! I'd hit that plate twice on a Sunday! Thanks for sharing!

Bob

Man, that looks good. We are Pork and Beans fans....gotta try em your way! I love a good poke chop! I'd hit that plate twice on a Sunday! Thanks for sharing!

Bob

I usually do 1 -12oz can, 2 slices of cheap cheddar sand which cheese, and a heeping tablespoon of butter. Cook until everything is melted. I promise you want be disappointed.

You can search it on the forum, basically you inject butter and whatever seasoning you like just under the husk. After it's cooked, slice the stalk end where the corn starts and squeze the end and it slides out clean with no silk.

Gotcha , I have seen that , just didn't know the name:thumb:

You can search it on the forum, basically you inject butter and whatever seasoning you like just under the husk. After it's cooked, slice the stalk end where the corn starts and squeze the end and it slides out clean with no silk.

Now that is pretty slick. Going to have to give that a try.

Great looking dinner for sure!

Back