New Blackstone Arrived... But...

BBQLuver

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I picked up a Blackstone on sale from Target and it arrived today.

But... it has some kind of glue on the griddle. Did anyone else have this? Can I just wash it off? I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and chat about it, but wanted to run it by my brethren.

Attachments

• BS_glue.jpg
    BS_glue.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 338
  • BS_side_glue.jpg
    BS_side_glue.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 337
mine was sticky also. washed with nylon brush and hot soapy water. seasoned with about 4 onions, diced with lots of oil.

Yup mine too. Just wash it up with some warm soapy water and season it after that.
It's best to wash it anyway since it will have the processing oils on it and they won't do you any good keeping them on anyway

That's the stuff to protect from rust. Wash it off and season! Congrats!

This may be off topic, but what's with using onions during the seasoning process?

Matt

It's just an oil coating to prevent rust.
Wash off, season your griddle and enjoy!

The AK-47 that I ordered from N Korea came with the same stuff on it...like others...should just wash off...

Thanks all. So looking forward to this. I got the kit and cover too, they came in a day later.

Don't make the same mistake as I did and put too much oil on at once when you are seasoning. I will make a thick layer of waxy yuck and you will have to scrape it off and start over. Several very thin layers ONE at a time is the way to go. Then cook a bunch of onions in a little oil until they get black. Clean it up and you will be good to go.

Last edited:
Back