• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Head Count for 2014 SoCal Bash Starts Here: Saturday May 17: North Hills/Van Nuys Airport Adjacent

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
OK folks, looks like this is going to be a good date for us to use the party pad.

For those of you who weren't there, this is from last year's bash, right before it started. Lots of pics on subsequent pages:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...=170055&page=8

Please note that due to liability issues (private property, pool, etc) this is an adults only gathering, although you are welcome to bring family and friends if you think they can put up with us.

I will PM all who confirm with the address a few days prior.

Who's in?

:mrgreen:

Looking good for me to be there - I'll bring a double smoked country ham (which means biscuits too) and some sausage from TX. I can bring a WSM and a cambro if need be.

Looking good for me to be there - I'll bring a double smoked country ham (which means biscuits too) and some sausage from TX. I can bring a WSM and a cambro if need be.

Awesome, Greg! I can bring the PBC if need be. Instead of Roadside chicken, this year we'll do Carolina Treet chicken on the open pit. :thumb:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
It's looking good for me to make it. I'm thinking of bringing some wings and hot wing sauce. I'll need to cook them there. We can snack on them while the main course(s) are getting ready. Will there be a kettle or drum available? Otherwise, I'll bring the ECB to cook them on. I'll probably bring some of my jalapeno popper dip that I brought to Greg's last pig cook too. Seemed to be a hit.

It's looking good for me to make it. I'm thinking of bringing some wings and hot wing sauce. I'll need to cook them there. We can snack on them while the main course(s) are getting ready. Will there be a kettle or drum available? Otherwise, I'll bring the ECB to cook them on. I'll probably bring some of my jalapeno popper dip that I brought to Greg's last pig cook too. Seemed to be a hit.

There will be a kettle, and I will bring my PBC. No doubt, we'll need more cookers, depending on how many folks are coming. We'll figure it out as we get closer. :thumb:

I will be there with Mac and Cheese.

..And some Red Oak and Peach Chunks....

And maybe a few more things.....

Mrs SJ was looking forward to Roadside Chicken cooked by the master (told her about it last night), but I see a new bird is in the works.

I'll be there again if I win the lottery or someone wants to sponsor me.

It has been a good year, so far, but between a new camera and taxes, I've dumped about ten-grand in the last few weeks.

Anyone have airline miles they need to use before they expire?

BTW, the NorTex Bash turned out some seriously righteous que, in less than optimum conditions. The wind was ridiculous.

You farkers better turn out some incredible que, or have a farking earthquake.

I totally enjoyed the last SoCal Bash, and would love to be there for this one, but I may have to send a photo in a frame for you to spill some Cabo on, so I can be their in spirit.

CD

It has been a good year, so far, but between a new camera and taxes, I've dumped about ten-grand in the last few weeks.

BTW, the NorTex Bash turned out some seriously righteous que, in less than optimum conditions. The wind was ridiculous.

I totally enjoyed the last SoCal Bash, and would love to be there for this one, but I may have to send a photo in a frame for you to spill some Cabo on, so I can be their in spirit.

CD

If you find a ticket, you can fold me up in your carry on luggage. :-D

CD

Casey,

I wish I had known this earlier. I just wasted my expiring miles on some magazines. dang.

If you aren't here next month, we'll put a pic of you and Deguerre next to the Cabo.

What time do you guys usually start?
I need to tell my babysitter an estimate of how long we will be out....

Tony,

Depends on if you are cooking or not. Last year, most folks showed up between 2-3pm, a few by 4pm. Dinner was around 6 ish, and most stayed till about 9-10pm.

Ah good! I was hoping you'd use that for your avatar Moose. :thumb:

I hope to make it back to California one of these years. If so, it will be a LA and Bay Area combined trip.

Last edited:

Tony,

Depends on if you are cooking or not. Last year, most folks showed up between 2-3pm, a few by 4pm. Dinner was around 6 ish, and most stayed till about 9-10pm.

I just wanna say I am very much in favor of Tonybel cooking. :hungry:

We're doing the graduation tour this year (3 graduations in 2 states) but 2015 is graduation-free. Any chance some Texans could crash y'all's party next year?

We're doing the graduation tour this year (3 graduations in 2 states) but 2015 is graduation-free. Any chance some Texans could crash y'all's party next year?

Yep. Caseydog flew in for last year's bash. We can always use some Texans!

Back