Hatch NM Green Chile Harvest

What is the best way for a rural Kentuckian to get his hands on some of these? Order online? Best website?

What is the best way for a rural Kentuckian to get his hands on some of these? Order online? Best website?

younggunsproduce.com is one, green chile is shipped fresh nation wide. Check WalMart SAMs your big and small grocers and if you have a Spanish focused grocery nearby, fresh roasted are best, imho

Nice!! You're my reminder when it's Hatch time. :thumb: We're a few weeks behind you. I'm running low and time to load up for the coming Hatch fiscal year. :becky:

Nice!! You're my reminder when it's Hatch time. :thumb: We're a few weeks behind you. I'm running low and time to load up for the coming Hatch fiscal year. :becky:

Pueblo Co is coming on strong with their own chile brand. I'm heading up that way in a couple weeks. I'm going to try to score 15# Pueblo chile. I have to know.

Pueblo Co is coming on strong with their own chile brand. I'm heading up that way in a couple weeks. I'm going to try to score 15# Pueblo chile. I have to know.

Nice!! We mostly just get Young Guns here but it won't hurt to ask. Never know.

I have a few bags left from last season. I'm eatin' them as fast as I can. lol
Thanks for the heads up Adams.

Can't you guys grow your own?? I have Hatch, Big Jim's, and Heritage 6-4s that I've been harvesting. I don't live in the Hatch Valley, but, so what. Grow your own.

Can't you guys grow your own?? I have Hatch, Big Jim's, and Heritage 6-4s that I've been harvesting. I don't live in the Hatch Valley, but, so what. Grow your own.

We have two seasons. Snow and drought. It is a lot cheaper to buy them than grow your own.

Have never had them I do hear a lot of talk about them Do you get they already roasted

Yes. Often times I roast my own. Usually when I see them in bulk and can hand pick the most colorful. If you visit YouTube and search "green chile roast". You will see the machine you are looking for on corners, in front of stores etc. one of the most amazing aromas ever.

So.... Is hatch-green-chile.com a good site to order from? Defintely gonna get some of these this year...

I'm not familiar with mail order personally. I've never seen any complaints on any of them. Chile growers are a proud bunch. I do know fresh roasted best, fresh roasted frozen, then jarred, then canned. In that order for my bride and I.

Back