Brisket and beans on the new summit...

Pstores

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Had a hard time controlling the temp at first....... Then it came together and I wen to bed.... Brisket is in the cooler.... Beans are on. Pecan and cherry for brisket over Royal Oak..... Cherry and hickory over Royal Oak lump also for the beans....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 287
Was tender and not over cooked or dry........ Better than I have ever cooked on any of my cookers......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 244
Great job..:thumb:

Elaborate plz.....
When cooking low and slow with using wood to enhance the flavor. At times my food come out with a creosote taste to it. And no never used any lighter fluid. Always used propane. And being the WCS doesn't burn quite as efficient, the charcoal flavor is much better.

Interesting... Ok.

Just not sure how the egg would cook different causing the creosote taste.. But I'll take your word for it.

I think when burn wood that low it's so effficient that it doesn't completely burn the gasses off from the wood as it burns. It only happens when cooking around 165 to 185. Cheese and jerky temps. When you cook at higher temps over 230 it doesn't seem to happen.

Interesting... Ok.

Just not sure how the egg would cook different causing the creosote taste.. But I'll take your word for it.

It would depend on the brand of lump you're using. I doubt it had much to do with the Egg. I'm able to produce briskets of equal quality to the Summit on my Joe. I also changed my technique and i use a Dutch oven with smoking wood piled in to push the smoke down into the fire.

Back