El Paso, Whole Beef Plate Ribs

mtime7

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Not sure if I am posting in the right section, but wanted any Brethren in the area to know that Food King has their Whole Beef Plate Ribs in cryo for $1.47 lb. They do these kind of sale on plates every now an again, and I always pics some up..

For that price, I would think they are back ribs, not Beef Short Rib Plates. I could be wrong. If so, I need to make a road trip...

For that price, I would think they are back ribs, not Beef Short Rib Plates. I could be wrong. If so, I need to make a road trip...

It's plate ribs, they come 2 to a cryo , and they are about 12x12, I have bought them before, they come out good. I came here from San Antonio, I couldn't believe it last year when I saw the add for $1.87lb, but it was true.

Food King Flyer

http://www.foodkingcostplus.com/weekly-ad/

For the most part, their ads are pretty accurate. They have great deals on whole packers, NY strip roasts, and even rib eye roasts from time to time. The ribs can be a gamble. But, worth a try. I have also noticed that the selection will vary from one store to another.

Good to see a fellow El Chucoan on the forum! Welocme.

Bob

Bob, my best luck is with the N. Mesa store across from Sam's Club, how about you?

I'm

on the Eastside, so I either hit up the store on Alameda by Speaking Rock, but I prefer the one on Viscount. Just seems like they keep the meat area better stocked at that location and there is a bit more selection between one cryo vs another.

I've heard that the Westside location is good too.

I think I'll hit up the Viscount store this evening. Can't go wrong with that deal!
Bob

I will take a look at the Viscount location this weekend, need to make room in the deep freezer. The Mesa location didn't have any out this morning and I had to ask the meat man to bring me some out, he only brought out 2, but he had a good one. Last time asked to see some they brought out a shopping cart full, but that was last year, and I still have one in the bottom of the deep freezer!

Damn. That's a steal. I'd have to make room in my freezer if that was here. Wife's gone for a couple months, I could toss some of her stuff...

I noticed in that ad that they are also selling pork picnic roasts for 67 cents/lb. I could rent a truck and go for a long ride for those prices. From where I'm at, it would be about an 18 hour, 1200 mile round trip though.

If you make the trip, don't forget the boneless skinless chicken thighs, great bourbon chicken.

Back