My outdoor kitchen project

Flatone

Reaction score
I designed this about 6 months ago... I'm about 90% complete! It is a covered pergola inside my pool cage. The equipment list:
EVO Flattop grill
Fire magic power burner
Primo xl
Marvel fridge and dual tap kegerator

I got the granite installed last week(black pearl) and the stonework is going on this week. Time to hook up the kegerator! I'll post up some pics when I figure out how to get them to upload.

Attachments

• Model1.pdf
    270.2 KB · Views: 262
That looks like it will be nice. Sign up for a photobucket account. Upload pics there. Good luck keep us updated.

Well.... here is a pic from a few weeks back. I have some going all the way back to pulling pavers and pouring foundations... I will put those together and post them tomorrow.

304A72A3-9440-4ECB-B033-90282F236C45_zpse8fa1nap.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

WOW that is a really nice looking cover! Cedar? Does it slope for runoff? Also wondering about the steel structure above, is just decorative or is there another purpose? Everything look great.

You should think about a Santa Maria for under there too.

Holy cow, I thought the PDF rendering was nice, the real result is amazing!

Great set up. Can't wait to see pics of it in action.

Yes! Good call on the solidworks! I'm impressed you recognized it. I'd be willing to share it if someone wanted it. I never created drawings since I just built straight out of the model and used it for all my measurements. Having the model in solidworks allowed me to cut a lot of pieces and templates on the CNC like the PVC base and the template for the granite.

The roof is pitched about 2 degrees. I flashed the pool cage above the pergola to drain on the roof and there is a gutter on the backside with a down spout that runs down through the counter, under the deck to the outside. I basically had to collect all the water in that corner and get it to drain outside. That was a challenge! Rain can still blow in the sides, but all the vertical rain gets captured.

Regarding the black steel pieces... those are made by a company called Ozco. I special ordered them through Home Depot. They are both structural and decorative. I highly recommend their products for building pergolas and timber structures.

All of the framework was 18ga 2 1/2" studs except the bar top, that was 6" so I could supply the cantilever on the overhang without a big bulky support. I added some steel brackets to help support the overhang, but they really aren't necessary.

I still find myself laughing that I went through all this and there is no gas grill. It was a hard decision, but you run out of room quick. After using the EVO a few times, I don't think I will be disappointed. I appreciate all you "blackstone guys". Cooking on an outdoor griddle is fun. Has anyone tries to do a "volcano" yet????

Back