Discussion Thread ->***SPECIAL*** "National Pizza Month!!" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Shagdog

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Our new October Special TD category is...

"National Pizza Month!
"

fab7a8c1-aab1-4aeb-a29d-dbbb75c69248_zps14c2efd5.jpg

This is Jed's winning entry in the "Peculiar Pedigree Pan Pizza" TD

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

1. Cook a pizza on your grill or smoker or other outdoor cooking device

2. MULTIPLE ENTRIES ARE ALLOWED and encouraged for this TD only!

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 10/2 through Monday 10/26/15.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 10/26/15.

Click here to
READ THE RULES
for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

The ENTRY and VOTE threads will follow Q-Talk rules, meaning QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread. Non-quality posts that are made here will be deleted and the offending member will be asked why they couldn't just post in the DISCUSSION thread instead, and in extreme cases or repeat offenders, disciplinary action WILL happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good question, Jed. Let me confer with moose and I'll get back to you.

Serious question. Do things like calzone count?

Please accept this as my entry in the pizza throwdown

attachment.php

Tex, thanks for entering, and fine looking pizza! I moved your post from the off topic thread to this, the on topic thread where entries and on topic discussion takes place.

We ask for a single photo to be used for judging, as opposed to a montage. Would you like to submit a single photo to be used in the poll?

Tex, thanks for entering, and fine looking pizza! I moved your post from the off topic thread to this, the on topic thread where entries and on topic discussion takes place.

We ask for a single photo to be used for judging, as opposed to a montage. Would you like to submit a single photo to be used in the poll?

No problem. I didn't realize it couldn't be 2 combined. Here's a single photo for the entry into the pizza throwdown

Pizza entry

Please accept this as my entry into the pizza throwdown. This was my first pizza on my new pit barrel cooker. Used a Bobby Flay pizza dough recipe and then topped with fresh mushrooms, purple onions, black olives, pepperoni, and a provolone/mozzarella cheese mix.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:
Please accept this as my entry into the pizza throwdown
attachment.php

:thumb::thumb::thumb: I like that photo better anyway. :becky:

Don't forget, you can enter multiple times on this Throwdown. Also, we love to hear details about your cook, so feel free to share next time.

Many of our members post a complete cook thread in Qtalk, then a single photo as an entry shot. You don't have to do it this way, it just seems to be the norm. Here's an example:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3371324&postcount=3

If you post a whole cook thread here, that's fine as well, just be sure to indicate which photo you want as your entry pic. An example:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217726

Back