American Royal

IowaWildHogsBbq

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
My wife are having friends come down to help us out. I would like to get them a motel close with shuttle service. Suggestions.

We stay at Holiday Inn. They have a free shuttle to the event. I understand there's a NASCAR event the same weekend and rooms are scarce.

We stay at Holiday Inn. They have a free shuttle to the event. I understand there's a NASCAR event the same weekend and rooms are scarce.
The Crown Plaza (Holiday inn) has the shuttle I believe. The Downtown Westin and the Sheraton have them as well but they aren't really "close"

The royal is in a bad part of town (I grew up in KC). So your best bet is to stay downtown at something like the crown plaza.

Where the royal is held is not a great area, but there are no hotels there anyway. The hotels in the western side of the downtown loop (around Bartle Hall) or the Sheraton and Westin at crown center will be your best bet. Not sure which have shuttles, but the royal I think usually has shuttles to downtown and union station - which will get you to hotels in these areas.

And yes, there is a race that weekend at Kansas Speedway (in the chase), so I imagine hotels will be at a premium.

Back