U.S companies that build smokers in America

I love my Weber! But, does being assembled in the U.S. using Chinese parts still qualify as made in the USA? Did I tell you I LOVE MY WEBER!?!? I bought my very first Weber ever this year and researched a lot of info on it before I bought it. I almost didn't buy it when I heard it was assembled in the U.S. from mostly Chinese components. I started leaning toward Broil King, made in Canada, after all, the lesser of two evils, right? But, I know there are companies who source from overseas yet keep very high quality standards and I’m hoping Weber is one of them. But it still begs the question, is it “Made in the USA”. I also ride a “Made in the USA” Harley assembled from foreign made pieces ……. Did I tell you I LOVE MY WEBER!?!? And my Harley!!!

How many of the others are truly “Made in the USA” ??

If most part of money is earned by American, it is made in USA
Otherwise it is made in China
So Traeger is made in USA too

For any military ID card-holding brethren, you can order an off-set smoker or grill from the U.S. Disciplinary Barracks Sales Store at Ft Leavenworth, KS. The inmates go through vocational rehab, some taking metal shop, and the prison only charges for the cost of the materials plus shipping. I've purchased a couple metal items from there and the quality is excellent.

http://usdb.leavenworth.army.mil/PDF/Sheet_Metal_Catalog.pdf

I just finished reading all 8 pages of cookers made in the US, there is one glaring omission...........Tejas, made in Houston, had one for years and it is one quality stick burner

Wow. This thread has taken on a life of its own! Much more than I ever thought.
I'd love for the ability for me, or a mod, to go to the first post and add to the list as folks add new companies.
Good stuff Brothers!

Back