Advice on a weber kettle rotisserie

pcshrews

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
All,

I have been looking to get one of these for a while and would like to know if anyone has tried using one, good or bad. Are the worth the cost/effort? Do they work???

Below is a link on Amazon for one. Appreciate the input, thks!

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004VWM1/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1SA5GRTPIV9JB&coliid=I1NLUUBSZDBT5Z"]Amazon.com : Weber 2290 22-1/2-Inch Charcoal Kettle Rotisserie : Grill Rotisseries : Patio, Lawn & Garden@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31QxIp%2BwapL.@@AMEPARAM@@31QxIp%2BwapL[/ame]

I have one and love it. My original ring had a bigger gap than normal so weber sent me the newer version under warranty. It fits snug but I never had an issue with gap on the older one. Kept temps where I wanted.

Its my favorite way to cook bigger cuts. My best pork butt came off my rotisserie. Pulled early for sliced pork. Liked better than pulled pork actually. Chickens and rib roasts are awesome off it also.

Cajun Bandit makes one that is similar, but a stainless ring. They attached an extra bracket to mine so it will fit either a 22.5 WSM or a Kettle. A good site to check out for rotissere is dadcooksdinner.com .

Cajun Bandit makes one that is similar, but a stainless ring.
i second that...
I have both, Weber and CajunBandit, I like the CB more..
I just ordered an 18.5" too, can't wait to get it..
..and yes, they worth the money... start buying additional forks and counterweights :)
Warning: there is a whole bunch of gizmos you can use with your rotisserie, eg: all kinds of baskets, ribolator, Fire Magic chicken holder.. they ad up rather quickly

Someone mentioned using this on a WSM. I gather water pan removed, but isn't that a little far away from the fire? Interested if is works on a WSM, otherwise I need to get one for the gasser.

All,

Great input! I am excited about picknig one up and trying this out. I had no idea there was a stainless one on the market but will check that out as well, thks!

I have a WSM as well and was hoping that the roti would be compatible. This is only a hope...I have not seen anyone use it on a WSM. Still praying!

Paul

I have one and paid about 215 aus for it, brilliant piece of kit.
I recommend one rather than getting a small alternative spit
Used lid on or off, best roast chook yet

No, Titch is talking sheet.:heh:

He gave me his small spit with a motor and everything. Brand new. Never used.

I bet my rotisserie chook off the spit he gave me is better than the chook he cooks on his super duper Weber adapter!:icon_shy:icon_shy:icon_shy

:mrgreen:

I'm rotten!

Cheers!

Bill

It will actually fit (not great) on a WSM but you need a kettle lid for it. The WSM lid won't work. I love mine. Do get some extra forks.
I think I read or heard CB is comiing out with one for the WSM, don't know if it is the 18" or the 22".

I made one from a slice out of a 55 gallon drum

it works great

I did exactly the same thing. I use it on my kettle and I also use it on my UDS. I have a Rib-O-Lator that I use on the drum for ribs and chicken pieces. On the kettle I usually just do whole chickens on the spit.

I checked out the CajunBandit site today. They have a rotisserie that will fit a 22.5" kettle. For an extra $10, they sell one that will fit a WSM as well. I think I am sold on that one. Thks all for the input!:clap2:

I have one and love it. I've done a couple of chickens on it, but primarily for Prime Rib (usually just how I finish it/sear). Makes for a great crust!

I received mine as a gift. I'm very happy with it but probably would have never paid that much for it myself.

Ordered one of these. Scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Onlyfire-Charcoal-Rotisserie-Masterbuilt-Kingsford/dp/B00XMTB1KY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1448355381&sr=8-4&keywords=rotisserie+for+weber+grill"]Amazon.com : Onlyfire Charcoal Kettle Rotisserie kit for Select 22-1/2 Inch(57CM) Charcoal Grill Models by Weber, Char Broil, Masterbuilt, Napoleon, Kingsford and Others : Patio, Lawn & Garden@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41AIgM2thgL.@@AMEPARAM@@41AIgM2thgL[/ame]

Anyone have any experience with these?

I have a 21lb turkey I want to spin on Thursday. Is that too much weight for these?

YES Get IT!!!

All,

I have been looking to get one of these for a while and would like to know if anyone has tried using one, good or bad. Are the worth the cost/effort? Do they work???

Below is a link on Amazon for one. Appreciate the input, thks!

Amazon.com : Weber 2290 22-1/2-Inch Charcoal Kettle Rotisserie : Grill Rotisseries : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Yes...I have it and it works GREAT.

In fact, I do my thanksgiving rotisserie standing rib roast in it each year.
I hate baked/roasted turkey and the traditional fixings, so I do rib roast and other special sides.

This rotisserie works great. I use regular charcoal, I go the little basket to just put the coals on one side of the grill, I put a drip pan in bottom with water in it...and slow rotisserie a large bone in rib roast....great stuff!!

In fact, ever since I got my BGE XL....the only thing I keep the weber around for, IS the rotisserie on it.....and a spare in case I need an extra grill for a big party, etc.

But yes, get it.

LOL...and at Thanksgiving my motto is "The ONLY turkey at my house on Thanksgiving, is 101 proof!!"

cayenne

Someone mentioned using this on a WSM. I gather water pan removed, but isn't that a little far away from the fire? Interested if is works on a WSM, otherwise I need to get one for the gasser.

Definitely not too far away Terry, I have a roti built into a drum and it's a good distance away from the fire. I have both a charcoal and wood fire setup but the charcoal one is about 15 inches from the spit....the fire one is much further away since it's a lot hotter than standard charcoal.

Back