Chicken Marinade

jayzee

Got Wood.
Reaction score
I am looking for a good sweet marinade for chicken. I want to try a sweet one to use in competitions. Any ideas?

I like a teriyaki style. I don't remember the exact recipe, it's at home. Pineapple juice, Dales Sauce, I think a shot of cider vinegar, brown sugar, maybe some onion powder. I can get the exact recipe when I get home. There's enough sweet to it but not so much to want to burn.

I like a teriyaki style. I don't remember the exact recipe, it's at home. Pineapple juice, Dales Sauce, I think a shot of cider vinegar, brown sugar, maybe some onion powder. I can get the exact recipe when I get home. There's enough sweet to it but not so much to want to burn.

That one sounds good! I'd like to give it a try as well...

I think this one came from Patio Dadio

1 large bottle (24 oz) Zesty Italian salad dressing (a cheap store brand is fine)
8 cups (just shy of 2 liters) Ginger ale

Method
Pour the ginger ale into a large mixing bowl.

Add the salad dressing and whisk to combine.

Put your chicken in gallon zip-top bags and add enough marinade to each
bag to completely cover the chicken.

Seal the bags, removing the excess air.

Put the bags in a large pan in the refrigerator and marinate 3-6 hours.

Remove the chicken from the marinade and drain.

Grill or smoke the chicken as you normally would.

Here is my marinade. With chicken I use sherry.

Brians pineapple whiskey teriyaki marinade
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup whiskey (Or rum, white wine, sherry, or liquor of your choice, and depending what you are marinating.)
1/8 cup vegetable oil
1 6 oz can pineapple juice
1 medium onion
2 cloves garlic
2 tsp ginger
Cut up onion, and put it and all ingredients in a blender and liquefy.
Pour over meat in a plastic storage bag, and for at least 2 hrs. Massage and turn the bag over every hr.

Those are all awesome recipes, I think I will try a couple this weekend. Has anybody tried a vacuum marinator (like Foodsaver) to get the marinade into the meat?

They all work don't believe me Try it! He wants sweet different and flavorful, all soda has a lil acid in it just like Eyetalian dressin and all the other concoctions listed, it has sweetness, and flavor smart folk mix a lil salt into it for a lil brine action. Gatoraides has sugar & salts too just add chicken.

They all work don't believe me Try it! He wants sweet different and flavorful, all soda has a lil acid in it just like Eyetalian dressin and all the other concoctions listed, it has sweetness, and flavor smart folk mix a lil salt into it for a lil brine action. Gatoraides has sugar & salts too just add chicken.

Do you have a flavor of choice on the gatoraide?

I like to cook chicken at 325 or above. At temps that high, sugar marinades will tend to burn and make your meat turn black and possibly even bitter. I believe that if you use a sugar marinade, temp should be kept below 300.

If you want a sweet kick to your chicken, sprinkle a little Butcher BBQ Honey Rub on top of your base rub. Really good on chicken and ribs as a top coat. Alternatively, Kosmo's makes a product called Killer Bee. I find it a little saltier that Butcher BBQ; and I like the Killer Bee Chipotle better than the plain. Can't go wrong with any of these.

Back