Brisket cook question

Kaptain Kadian

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I have 2 16 lbs packer brisket so I am going to cook for my son's baseball team party next weekend and am trying to game plan. They are going to start the party around 3 and eat around 5. I will have travel around 30 minutes to get the party. Should I cook them the day before and reheat in the oven or try to have them done by 1 or 2 to rest and travel? I don't really like cooking overnight and would have to get up early to have them done by 2. What suggestions do you have for reheating whole brisket so? I will need to hole them for 3 hours or so as well after reheated. I have a cambro, so the holding should be fine.

Put them on the pit at 6am cook at 300-325, wrap in BP at 10:00 they should be ready to pull around 12:30-1:00, 2:00 at the very latest.

What time do you think I would need to get them if I was cooking at 275 to be done at 2pm? They will probably be around 14 lbs after trimming?

Waaaay over working it. Cook the briskets at your leisure, rest, refrigerate, and reheat for the event as needed - preferably on site with your smoker putting on a show.

How do you heat up your brisket so? I would want to leave whole and slice right before eating. The party is off site

I agree that brisket is much better fresh. If I can't serve it fresh the best way I've found is to rest it, slice it into 2 gallon heavy freezer bags and refrigerate. A few hours before serving put the bags in a sous vide and bring temp up slowly.

Ok, plans changed and I had to cook them yesterday and bring them to the party Saturday. I can't slice and reheat in bags because of time constraints. I will have to reheat them whole and then slice at the party. I was planning on reheating them wrapped up for 2 hours at 250 and then I would have to hold them in my cambro for around 3 hours. Would they still be warm 3 hours later? Thanks

Back