New 29lb Brisket King is in My Possession :)

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
So after my 28lb beast came and went from my life I never thought in person I would see another brisket larger or be able to purchase one :sad:. I just assumed I'd always be chasing the dragon. Then randomly on FB a buddy posted he saw a 29lb'er in Sam's club (which is strange because the Sams by me I've only seen maybe 15lb decent looking ones). Then another friend (and brethren) bought it for me since it was about an hour away. This was back in April so just getting it now. I have seen some SRF wagyus 30+, but that is semi-commom for those specialty ones(even a 33lber I saw on FB recently :shock:). But to get and cook and even more massive brisket than my last is going to be fun.

Also that friend picked up a couple nice Primes as they were traveling up north so I couldn't be happier to get them all today!! :clap2:

All are frozen since I had no idea when I would pick them up so better to be safe, though the Primes are aged about 50 days before freezing. It's hard to tell the big difference in size from 28 to 29lb overall, but this one is a lot thicker and a little shorter I believe. So I won't drag this out any more. Here are the pics.

Here it is

Sitting next to 2 primes that equal its size

Man it's thick

Comparison to one of the primes

Hilarious picture of it trying to fit into a pan

All of them standing up

And me feeding it the tequila it asked for..........this could be a bad sign :loco::twitch:

I have no idea when I will cook it or the others, but probably later this month or possibly 4th of July :-D

Oh good lord, lol! Tuned in!! Better get a name for it Jason, I got a feeling this could be a long thread. :crazy:

No names. It's easier that way.......plus I don't really get into the whole naming thing :loco:. But I think the novelty wore off in the last thread. I mean one more lb isn't that much larger right?? :twitch:

I am very much looking forward to cooking it. It's so dang thick, especially in the point. I might cook it for my new house's housewarming party since we close on the new place on Friday. But that gathering will be a while still.

You have to watch what those roids will do to you.

Now I have a reason to continue with my worthless miserable life

92907755.jpg

You sir are the king of the giant briskys.:shock:

Man that's huge. I worked a a bbq restaurant back in high school and have handled hundreds but NOTHING like that.

Congrats on closing on the new crib. Yes, once you get over 25 pounds, every single pound is impressive. Looking forward to the cook. Just moving your cookers is like another room on the house. I would volunteer to help if you lived closer. I can be paid in brisket.

Congrats on closing on the new crib. Yes, once you get over 25 pounds, every single pound is impressive. Looking forward to the cook. Just moving your cookers is like another room on the house. I would volunteer to help if you lived closer. I can be paid in brisket.

Moving should be easy. I appreciate it :-D. Got a few friends that want to help just to get bbq :loco:

It's... It's so beautiful - requires a framed photo portrait of you holding it like a baby over your mantle...

Back