Kansas Smithield Guinea Pig Contest next weekend

EverettBBQ

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Having some personnel issues.
I have paid $450 for contest.
DeSoto KS
If you have not signed up, but want to enter contest....
Would like to sell entry to the highest bidder.
This entry feed includes all the meat for your cook.
I am in KC
Would meet you before contest to seal the deal.
PM me
Thanks

Do you know if Arlie will allow you to sell your spot. I wouldn't suspect he would care.

I might be interested if I can get ahold of Arlie.

I'd be calling Arlie. He accepted your entry and not that of whomever you might sell it to. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a waiting list.

If it's not a free entry the organizer should get a call before bailing on an entry. Even it it's a free entry the organizer should get a heads up, since they frequently know who may have won any free entries. If they know that team X won it, and Team Y shows up it's awkward for everyone until it's sorted out.

I'd be calling Arlie. He accepted your entry and not that of whomever you might sell it to. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a waiting list.

If it's not a free entry the organizer should get a call before bailing on an entry. Even it it's a free entry the organizer should get a heads up, since they frequently know who may have won any free entries. If they know that team X won it, and Team Y shows up it's awkward for everyone until it's sorted out.

Very good advice!

I think what he is worried about was an E-mail us teams got a couple days ago that stated, "no refunds if you drop out".

Very good advice!

I think what he is worried about was an E-mail us teams got a couple days ago that stated, "no refunds if you drop out".

That's is the problem.
The event organizer called today.
Said he heard about my post on this page.
I confermed my preferance was to not to cook the event, but would if I could not get a refund or sell entry.

He said he sold my spot and was going to refund entry fee.

I told him thanks!!

And thanks to all of you on this blog for your comments.

Arlie is a good promoter. Too bad you missed it though, really fun event so far. Going to be a tough field tomorrow though!

This was a great event, with tough competition. The lesson I walked away with: I want big participation ribbons, just like my 5yo got for kids-que.

We missed out on cooking this comp, but I was lucky enough to judge. Wow, is all I can say. There were amazing turn ins all over. I've never judged a better comp, top to bottom, than that one.

Getting our name called in a field like that was a fantastic feeling. Thanks again to Sterling and crew for putting something like this together.

I was drinking Margarita's so i didn't have any beer, but did anyone see what flavor/kind of beer was in the keg?

Great reading the overwhelming support for this event.

Although the Guinea Pig started in California, it has now grown up and left home. The concept is excellent, and the quality of people/organizations that come together to put it on is without equal.

There were a lot of obstacles and negativity that Big Poppa had to overcome to get this event started a few years ago. It's fantastic to see such positive comments from those who were able to attend this past weekend.

Now... what is this I hear about an ice cream truck and beer keg? ... ... ...

Fantastic contest as usual. The entertainment budget was a little light. That was the worst DJ I have ever seen, although he did bring the keg, so that helps. I was hoping DJ Sausage would jump on the turntables and fix things.

Back