MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-21-2021, 06:50 PM   #16
blake
Full Fledged Farker

Lodge and Bayou Classic, I believe....

Lodge cornbread sticks are real common around here (near the factory). I prefer the skillet (and Three Rivers brand meal).

Thanks from:--->

Old 01-21-2021, 07:18 PM   #17
thirdeye
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmethecash View Post
I just put one in my eBay cart, got ready to pay and realized I don’t need a very cool square pan to fry eggs for sandwiches badly enough to pay what they were asking. I will keep an eye out for yard/estate/garage sales though - finding something like this for a song & restoring it will make it more valuable to me anyway.
I agree with you, many of my vintage CI was passed down from my Grandma, one griddle had to be from my Gr.Grandma because it had a bail instead of a handle, and pit marks from a wood burning stove. Garage sales are the best because the asking price might be $2.

On the other hand, some eBay items are in really great shape and they have already lasted one lifetime.... when you buy it, it now has another lifetime of service. I also use my egg skillet for slow roasting heads of garlic and melting small amounts of butter, toasting spices and little jobs like that. And you can scramble one egg in them too, like you get on a breakfast sandwich.

KCBS - CBJ & CTC
Big Green Eggs, Big Drum Smokers, Big Chiefs, Weber Smokey Joe "Custom Tall Boy"
Oil Patch Horizontal

Visit my Cookin' Site by clicking HERE
Barbecue is not rocket surgery
thirdeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-22-2021, 12:41 AM   #18
Gimmethecash
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdeye View Post
I agree with you, many of my vintage CI was passed down from my Grandma, one griddle had to be from my Gr.Grandma because it had a bail instead of a handle, and pit marks from a wood burning stove. Garage sales are the best because the asking price might be $2.

On the other hand, some eBay items are in really great shape and they have already lasted one lifetime.... when you buy it, it now has another lifetime of service. I also use my egg skillet for slow roasting heads of garlic and melting small amounts of butter, toasting spices and little jobs like that. And you can scramble one egg in them too, like you get on a breakfast sandwich.
Two of my four CI skillets I found after someone left them on the recycle bin next to the dumpster at an apartment complex I lived in 15 years ago (of the other two, one I inherited from my mom 23 years ago and bought the other). A little work to remove some minor surface rust and clean them up, and I have pans I use almost every day that will outlive me - I intend to pass them on to my stepchildren (or their children) someday, my stepson always cooks on them when he visits.

I might buy one of the worse-condition little square jobbies off eBay and restore it if I can find one cheap enough that still has the markings on the bottom without too much material that needs removing. Will always be looking for gems at garage sales.

Edit note: I couldn’t leave well enough alone and did some more googling. I just ordered one of the Griswold egg pans online from a pawn shop. If the shop and the pics are legit, then I did a whole lot better than eBay.
Flamethrower
Otto Wilde OFB
Cookshack Amerique
2 x Sous Vide Supreme
Minipack MV31X

Last edited by Gimmethecash; 01-22-2021 at 01:11 AM..
Gimmethecash is offline   Reply With Quote