Doing a ham on the kettle for Daughters Hooding dinner. (Little Pron)

Whitewookie

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Hey guys. My Daughter is back in town for a week of so because she had to fly home from Colorado last week for her hooding. Tonight her S.O. is flying in and they are gonna stay with us for a few days.

Since Michah (the boyfriend) loves my Q, I figured I'd smoke a ham for starters just to have for sammiches and such. I plan on letting it cruise at about 250 and glazing it with a whisky glaze about the last hour or so.

No big deal, but I haven't posted in awhile so I figure I'd throw up a couple pics.

I'll post some after pics if its worth anything...

Oh yeah... Did I mention that after about 10 years of school MY DAUGHTER WAS HOODED last Friday night at FSU? :biggrin1::clap2::thumb::clap:

VR,
Harold

After 10 years, I am guessing Phd. Congratulations to her and you too.
I did a ham last week on the kettle and it turned out great. Whiskey glaze will only make it better.

Congrats to your daughter, and yourself for helping to get her there! The ham sounds like a tasty plan!

Congrats to your daughter, and yourself for helping to get her there! The ham sounds like a tasty plan!
Thank you Sir, but the credit all goes to her.

I got her to 18, but she put herself through college. She got an academic scholarship (Hope Scholarship) based solely on her grades that got her through her first four years at VSU. She was then awarded a teaching fellowship from FSU and did her Masters and Grad/Post Grad work there while teaching at FSU (T/A program). FSU paid her tuition and paid her to teach.

She said the other night, "One of my friends told me I was lucky. I told them it was funny, the harder I worked, the luckier I got"

She said the other night, "One of my friends told me I was lucky. I told them it was funny, the harder I worked, the luckier I got"

What a great quote!!! Congratulations to her and to you and your wife.

Oh yeah, nice ham...

S.O. = Significant Other (boyfriend in this case.)
Congrats, I think she's set for life -
I told them it was funny, the harder I worked, the luckier I got"

Congratulations to your daughter! Love the quote too. :thumb:

Ham is beau-ti-full [in my best south Georgia accent]. And, you deserve credit for getting your daughter to 18 with enough spunk and work ethic to stay the course. A doctorate is a tough hill.

Ham looks beautiful. Congrats to your daughter. That is quite an achievent. Congrats to you and your wife too. What is your daughter going to do now. What is the PhD in

Back