new VT comp does that mean Harpoon is no longer a auto Qualifier

$billBBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I saw on the KCBS site a new comp called Green Mountain BBQ Championship Waterbury, VT for 2015 so does that mean Harpoon is no longer a auto qualifier?

..and they get 15 teams, which they should.

I got an email from Jimmy who is running this new event it sounds like it will be a good comp and based on his email I'm sure they will get the 15 teams

Maybe they will be able to handle RVs, which Harpoon can't do. (At least not ours.) Harpoon is still a 50/50, and I'm quite sure it will still fill up.

Hello all, I am the organizer of the new Green Mountain BBQ Championship, which will take place in Waterbury VT over June 27-28, 2015. The event is KCBS-sanctioned as a state championship for Vermont. I am working to get competitor, vendor and judge applications out by mid-January, as well as have a holder website up with basic information. When complete I'll make an official announcement, but I thought I'd start making some connections with you and get the ball rolling.

The BBQ competition is part of the overall Not-Quite Independence Day BBQ Festival, which includes a Saturday morning parade attended by 5,000 people, a Saturday night fireworks extravaganza, and Saturday NEBS and Sunday KCBS competitions, as well as local brews and live music both days. Competitors are invited to vend BBQ, but it is not required. With the amount of interest we've already generated without any promotion, we fully expect 25+ teams, and will return at least 50% prize money. This event will kick off the summer culinary event season for northern Vermont.

The site location is Farr’s Field on Rte. 2, 2 Miles West of Waterbury VT. This is a HUGE open field with plenty of space for big rigs, and lots of room to expand in the future. We will have electric on site, but will have to truck in water. Waterbury is centrally located between Montpelier and Burlington and is the home to Ben & Jerry's ice cream, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, and Alchemist Brewery. The event is produced by Rotary Club of Waterbury and my company J2L Events.

We hope to bring some new blood to the BBQ competition circuit, with some new ideas that will make it fun and profitable for you to compete and attend. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, or to be added to the list when all the applications are ready. I look forward to seeing you in June in Vermont!

Jeremy Garrett, 802.244.8994, Jeremy@J2Levents.com

Nice, could cook this and then shoot over to Lake Placid... hmmmm

Back