My first cook on new pellet grill

They look GREAT! How'd the new pellet smoker perform for you?
It's definitely difference had so much time I didn't know what to do with myself.lol. very easy and set it and forget it the ribs tasted fantastic as far as texter but they were locking the smoke flavor I am use to. They definitely need some aftermarket help in the smokes Department.

The grill is so simple to use made one of the deepest smoke rings I've ever seen. Besides smoke flavor it is fantastic

It's definitely difference had so much time I didn't know what to do with myself.lol. very easy and set it and forget it the ribs tasted fantastic as far as texter but they were locking the smoke flavor I am use to. They definitely need some aftermarket help in the smokes Department.

The grill is so simple to use made one of the deepest smoke rings I've ever seen. Besides smoke flavor it is fantastic
I see you are in CA... what part of CA? Also, what make/model of pellet smoker are you cooking on? Just curious.

It is a Green Mountain grill smoker Davy Crockett. It connects to my phone to Wi-Fi so I control everything through my phone and also make my own custom cooks I can upload so I can be a hundred miles away.

I am from the valley,

So I hit that pretty hard last night, bout to hit that port booty tonight

Looks awesome.... You did well...... Pellet makers seem to add alder to their pellets. Hence red meat and deep smoke ring.

Great job looks delicious,
I have two of the Davy Crocketts
I agree it's almost like cheating when you can build all the profiles put your notes in the app.
Great job,
Remember to check your heat from one side to the other you can adjust your heat deflector to the hot side to even it out if you want,
I'm cooking a tri-tip tonight and I'm going to slide the adjustable grill heat plates to wide open and try cooking them hotter ?

Great job looks delicious,
I have two of the Davy Crocketts
I agree it's almost like cheating when you can build all the profiles put your notes in the app.
Great job,
Remember to check your heat from one side to the other you can adjust your heat deflector to the hot side to even it out if you want,
I'm cooking a tri-tip tonight and I'm going to slide the adjustable grill heat plates to wide open and try cooking them hotter ?
I noticed a huge difference on each side I was burning about 60+ degrees hotter from the right side is GMG is going to send me a new heat diffuser. I have it slid over as much as the.notches will allow

To get the most smoke flavor start as low as you can. The issue is that pellet smokers burn a very clean fire and therefore not a lot of smoke is going to be produced. Some of the higher end pellet smokers have ways to get around this, but they cost a lot more than what you spent.

Good luck and I hope that you find out what works best for you.

To get the most smoke flavor start as low as you can. The issue is that pellet smokers burn a very clean fire and therefore not a lot of smoke is going to be produced. Some of the higher end pellet smokers have ways to get around this, but they cost a lot more than what you spent.

Good luck and I hope that you find out what works best for you.
i, did it all at 200f it will go to 150.

I'm thinking it has something to do with the fans how does a little smoke tube give more smoke flavor then all those pellet burning in the pot?

i, did it all at 200f it will go to 150.

I'm thinking it has something to do with the fans how does a little smoke tube give more smoke flavor then all those pellet burning in the pot?

I've never cared for the tubes, but know alot of people who do. They burn a whitish ash tray scented smoke to me. The pellets are simply smoldering, not burning like in the firepot. Two very different processes. Try it out to see if you like it.

Back