SoCal Farkers - Charity Cook Saturday December 10

gtr

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Howdy Farkers,

Foster Care Counts in collaboration with Peace4Kids will be holding a Holiday event at the Watts Boys and Girls Club on Saturday December 10. It'll be for a few hundred folks so we're gonna need some extra hands. We did this a couple years ago with help from Bigmista, Silverfinger, Smokin' John, Dubbaga & others and had a great time! Here's the thread for that event in case anybody wants to check it out:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=200296

There's a new & very nice moblie kitchen on-site, so the plan right now is to bring the meats cooked and do all the sides there.

Giving back while making massive amounts of great food and hanging with fellow Brethren - that's my idea of a great Saturday - let me know if you can join in! We may have to whip up a little breakfast for ourselves while we're there :hungry:

The particulars:

Date is Saturday December 10

Place is 1339 E. 120th St. Los Angeles, CA 90059

Lunch service is from 11am - 2pm. I plan on getting there at 7am.

Food is Bigmista's incredible turkey (Bigmista bringing), pulled pork (I'm bringing), and slaw, collard greens, and beans will be made on site. It'll be for a few hundred people - will be getting more exact # as the date approaches.

I'm really looking forward to this 'cause I love hanging out with my Brethren Brothers - truly a bunch of real cool farkers & we always have a great time.

PM me if you can make it - we'd love to have you with us!

It's a great cause Greg. I'd be there helping if I could. Thanks for doing this!!

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Pencil me in Greg. I say pencil because we take care of my mother, I'll have to see what her needs are going to be the week before.

• Thanks
^^^will do - hope it works out - thanks Tom!

It's a great cause Greg. I'd be there helping if I could. Thanks for doing this!!

Thanks Jeanie! Always remember - SoCal has many open doors for ya here anytime!

50 / 50 at this point... possibly will be in Vegas that weekend

• Thanks
Yessss!! Orange cake!!

On topic: How does this work out? Do people bring their equipment and cook on site?

Right now I'm thinking the meats will be cooked off-site (turkey at Bigmista's, pork at my spot), we bring the meat to slice/pull on site, and we assemble the sides on site.

I talked to the woman on site and it seems it'll be better to cook the meats off site since there'll be a bunch of kids running around - and aside from that, there'll be plenty to do once we get there. Time would be too tight to cook the meats on site anyway. I'll be loading up the Klose the night before - anybody wanna come hang out for that is definitely welcome.

1309181399001.jpg

^^^Fantastic! :whoo: Hope y'all can make it!

I cooked some picanha last night & was thinking about how great it'd be on a SM grill.

And - if the SM grill is ready, I'll bring the WRK for you. :thumb:

My calendar is open for 12/10. Count me in!!
I had such a great time when we did this two years ago!

• Thanks
Back