Don't bother wasting your money on Sous Vide equipment -- Dishwasher it

Beeeautiful but i think I'd rather season and sear.

Im finding this funny as i did a season and sear test this evening. I was surprised at the results.

I find this whole thing counter-intuitive/ ironic/innovative and to be a practical joke at the same time. Or I've smoked too many fattys.:caked:

I'm the main dishwasher. Ain't got no fangled unit that does it :wacko:
So our dishwasher does it with fire :mrgreen:
Meat Fire Eat

Oh, those wacky Germans. What's next, low and slow brisket on the manifold of a Jetta?

Oh, those wacky Germans. What's next, low and slow brisket on the manifold of a Jetta?

Beans and franks in the engine compartment of a CH46. Over done you'll hear a pop and smell beans and weenies the rest of the hop. BTW its a hell of a mess to clean up as well. Gotta love C-RATS.

I'd be more impressed if he had shown what internal temperature the meat was at when he took it out of the dishwasher. The act of searing then basting may have been enough to cook the steak to the rare temp range it looked to be at when he cut it.

Beans and franks in the engine compartment of a CH46. Over done you'll hear a pop and smell beans and weenies the rest of the hop. BTW its a hell of a mess to clean up as well. Gotta love C-RATS.
Funny, My dad was a truck driver and did that all of the time. Lost a can of chili that way. He wasn't very happy!

Im finding this funny as i did a season and sear test this evening. I was surprised at the results.

I find this whole thing counter-intuitive/ ironic/innovative and to be a practical joke at the same time. Or I've smoked too many fattys.:caked:

Did you post this great stuff somewhere ninja-man?

Myth Busters did a lasagna in the dishwasher with Alton Brown.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IaT90jhuB0"]Mythbusters - Cooking Lasagna with Dishwasher - YouTube[/ame]

Back