Horizon offset cookers?

Kirk

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Anyone out there using one that they can give some feedback on? I have a friend who's looking at them and he's wondering if they're decent. He was able to determine that the unit he was looking at is 1/4" steel, so that's a good start I guess...

In my research a couple of years ago, I found that they were pricey for what you get. Also, a lot of folks have had problems with their customer service. They look good and seem to be well made, but expensive.

You could also consider Yoder smokers which are similar and appear well made. There is a Yoder dealer just outside Allentown (Penn Hearth) and I am sure they have some units on display so you can see for your self.

i was going to same the same as Joe...they seem pricey but well made. i have never cooked on one but have seen them up close. i don't care for the warmer on the opposite end from the firebox but that is just my personal preference.

when i was comparing an old country brazos to horizon, the closest horizon was $1500 and it was smaller than the brazos.

You could also consider Yoder smokers which are similar and appear well made. There is a Yoder dealer just outside Allentown (Penn Hearth) and I am sure they have some units on display so you can see for your self.

Just got my ys640 there. They had either 2 or 3 yoder offset models there

They are Well made but lil pricey like stated. The most popular is the 16" series but I don't like that small of diameter. Prefer 20" but 18" minimum. Their 20" series gets Pricey.

Thanks guys. My friend who's looking at these cookers is from Marion, Iowa. Anything out that way that might be a better deal for him?

I think the Bell Fab would be less than $1,000. Craig is in Tulsa, OK and is a great who will make a one off smoker to your personal specs and wants. His material and fabrication is super quality and his pricing is very reasonable. Give him a try.

Contact Craig at: bellfab@sbcglobal.net

Horizon is owned by the brother of the original Oklahoma Joe smokers and are built essentially the same. I agree with the overpriced. They are solidly made but are not works of art like a Shirley.

Back