• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Winter Burn 2014, Feb 16, 2014 - Des plaines, IL

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's time for the 2014 Annual Winter Burn in Des Plaines, IL!

Sunday, February 16, 2014

River Rand Bowl
191 S Des Plaines River Rd, Des Plaines, IL 60016

Winter Burnoff Entry Fee and Information

Entry Fee BEFORE JANUARY 31st : $100.00
Entry Fee AFTER JANUARY 31st : $125.00
(includes 4 categories: Sausage, Chicken, Ribs, Pork Loin/Tenderloin)

KCBS garnish rules apply

Electric: ELECTRICITY IS VERY LIMITED!! BRING EXTENSION CORDS!
Basically, electricity is first come, first served

Water: Available in the bowing alley

Turn-In Times:
• Sausage – 1:30pm
• Chicken – 2:00pm
• Ribs – 2:30pm
• Tenderloin – 3:00pm

Judging applications will be first come first served beginning midnight Feb. 1, 2013

More information and entry form are at...

http://www.kresmokers.net/

We're cooking this one. Have no illusions of it warming up. Might need to start my smoker Saturday night.

I'll do your dishes for you again if you let me warm up in the RV! :mrgreen:

LOL! No trailer to this one...we'll be there in an EZ-Up like always. Look for the one with the canvas walls.

I won't take the trailer out of its storage parking spot until May most likely

Yeah, good call Ron. If it's anything like today I'll forfeit my $100 and call it a day.

I live in Des Plaines so I may stop by if that's okay just to say hi. I want to do a comp or two or three later this year. PS what are the "key" BBQ societies and groups I should think of. Illinois BBQ society.... Anything else ?

I live in Des Plaines so I may stop by if that's okay just to say hi. I want to do a comp or two or three later this year. PS what are the "key" BBQ societies and groups I should think of. Illinois BBQ society.... Anything else ?

Feel free to stop by my EZ Up anytime before 1 or after 3... pretty busy in between those times getting meats ready to turn in. I might have the sides up, but I will hang my BBQ Brethren banner outside of my tent - it says Illinois This Butt's for 'Que on it - you can't miss the pig! You might want to stick around for awards, too. It is a lot of fun to watch people win trophies!

It is recommended by many people to become a KCBS certified judge. You'll take a class and get somewhat of an idea of the bbq that people are turning in at KCBS competitions, and that can help you get an idea of what to shoot for at competition.

Feel free to stop by my EZ Up anytime before 1 or after 3... pretty busy in between those times getting meats ready to turn in. I might have the sides up, but I will hang my BBQ Brethren banner outside of my tent - it says Illinois This Butt's for 'Que on it - you can't miss the pig! You might want to stick around for awards, too. It is a lot of fun to watch people win trophies!

It is recommended by many people to become a KCBS certified judge. You'll take a class and get somewhat of an idea of the bbq that people are turning in at KCBS competitions, and that can help you get an idea of what to shoot for at competition.

Many thanks! If I can make it over I will try to stop by!

supposed to be around 30, that's a heat wave compared to weather of late!. surprised they don't already have enough teams and judges! Hope it's a full house.
BTW rdstol, feel free to stop by and say hello to us if you're there also. I can't get to our banner right now as our trailer is surrounded by 5-6' walls of snow and ice, but we'll be the ones with the canvas EZ-up walls

Last edited:
Back