In the mood for some meatloaf... (Pron)

THoey1963

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I haven't made meatloaf in a while, and found a new recipe, so I figured I'd give it a shot. I am loose following this recipe:

http://www.thewednesdaychef.com/the...-mex-meatloaf-with-chipotle-tomato-glaze.html

Here are my ingredients less the veggies that I have sauteing:

IMG_3343_zps2xx0ootx.jpg

I prefer to saute the veggies some so that they are tender when the meatloaf has finished cooking. (half an onion, half a red pepper, a couple chopped jalapeno's, and some garlic):

IMG_3342_zpsvd5zfib8.jpg

Gently mixed all of the ingredients and into a bowl in the fridge until later. You can see that the chorizo and ground beef are not evenly mixed. I broke the chorizo up and spread it around, but I tried not to overwork the meat.

IMG_3344_zpsmqlrso3d.jpg

More to come this afternoon...

Plus one ^^^^^^^

Well darn, heading to store for ML fixins.

OH MAN!!!!!!

I love meatloaf!!!!! And that is super amazing looking!! Can't wait for the follow up!

:pop2::pop2:

Looks great so far! I always add a mixture of sautéed veggies to my meatloaf mix. It adds moisture and flavor.

I'll have the battle box fired up this weekend and you have inspired me to do my first smoked meatloaf. Thanks and keep us posted!

After a couple hours rest in the fridge, formed and on my grill pan. No rub on the outside as there are a lot of spices inside.

IMG_3345_zpsmgxmgolg.jpg

Started the WSM up with KBB. She got up to temp and smoking pretty clean in about an hour. Tossed the grill pan on an stuck a probe in it. Added a handful of small cherry chunks. Going to go to 150* and then put the coating on it.

IMG_3346_zpswu5d69za.jpg

It's cold out (for SoTex) and windy. Threw the blanket around her...

IMG_3347_zpsgnm5gaqx.jpg

Cold cherry chunks causing that extra smoke. She started blowing TBS again after several minutes.

To be continued...

Back