I know, I know, I cheated, but it was GOOD!!!

Garrett

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Cool and rainy fall day, I got a cold and don't feel the greatest!! Chicken noodle is what I wanted, so I made it happen with I had on hand. Quarters dusted with Pit Happens.

Onto the mini running just over 400 with RO briqs and pecan.

1 hr 10mins later it was done.

Here's were the cheating part comes in at. Didn't have any fresh broth or felt like making any, so....... This happened!!

Still trying to stay lower carb.

Once te noodles were cooked, made a slurry with milk and in bleached flower to thicken.

Let it simmer for about 30 mins and done.

Very nice meal when you're not feeling too good. Would've been better with real broth, but hey.....
Now I'm gonna get my blankie and lay on the couch!!!

Sorry you're feeling bad Garrett, hope you're better soon!
The chick and noods look great.

Hang in there bud! Nobody I know with a cold is eating that good to get better though!

Hang in there bud! Nobody I know with a cold is eating that good to get better though!

As a kid, my grandmother's cure for every sickness was chicken noodle soup!! I felt like crap while making it, but I knew that it would be worth it. Got some leftover for tomorrow and can be lazy then.

I love soups, stews and chili. BUT colds suck. Get well

We eat chicken noodle soup when we are sick too.

I will have to try this the next time.

Looks awesome.

I just kicked a nasty cold last week. Some of that surely would have helped me get over it sooner. Looks great!

Looks good to me.
What do you mean by real Broth?

take the leftover skin and bones, add onions, celery, carrots, salt, pepper, garlic, etc, let all that simmer in a pot of water until it reduces. Strain it an the liquid left is broth or stock. Can be used to make all sorts of soups or stews. Works great to cook rice or potatoes. The possibilities are endless!!

Back