Anyone ever try this Dizzy Pig twist on potatoes?

Sounds like a baked version of the famed Syracuse Salt Potatoes with "Dizzy Pig" rub on them..

Maybe I'll try it this weekend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt_potatoes

Thanks for the idea, I am so doing them.

Titch,

"New Potatoes" as we call them are small young fresh potatoes that have just been dug up and haven't had a chance to form a thick skin yet. But I have done them in the winter using regular potatoes and they are still great.

The principal behind these is that water boils at 212 degrees, by adding salt the boiling point rises to about 218 degrees the higher heat breaks down the starch making them lighter and creamy. I have also done them in a pressure cooker (with salt) which raises the boiling temperature even higher to about 250 degrees.

Titch,

"New Potatoes" as we call them are small young fresh potatoes that have just been dug up and haven't had a chance to form a thick skin yet. But I have done them in the winter using regular potatoes and they are still great. I have also do them in a pressure cooker (with salt) which raises the boiling temperature even higher.

Ta mate cool.
Guess what I just dug up:becky:

I hope loco_engr des not mind me posting here.
My Birthday yesterday and I decide to try these Spuds as we had guests coming over.
Did the 1 cup of salt to 6 cups of water for 5 hours.
Dried and coated with a smear of Olive oil.
Dusted with Creole seasoning ( Thanks Toast )
Into the Acorn for one hour at 210c,/ bit over 400f.
The smell was superb
major power outage caused us to go out for Dinner.:mmph:
Sister in Law stole all the spuds bar one
I ate one spud this morning, it was divine, creamy inside and a tang of flavour.
I can only imagine how delicious they will be hot, Cold would make a brilliant Potato salad.

Thanks for the Idea's.:thumb:

IMG_4729 (Medium).jpg

IMG_4730 (Medium).jpg

I hope loco_engr des not mind me posting here.
My Birthday yesterday and I decide to try these Spuds as we had guests coming over.
Did the 1 cup of salt to 6 cups of water for 5 hours.
Dried and coated with a smear of Olive oil.
Dusted with Creole seasoning ( Thanks Toast )
Into the Acorn for one hour at 210c,/ bit over 400f.
The smell was superb
major power outage caused us to go out for Dinner.:mmph:
Sister in Law stole all the spuds bar one
I ate one spud this morning, it was divine, creamy inside and a tang of flavour.
I can only imagine how delicious they will be hot, Cold would make a brilliant Potato salad.

Thanks for the Idea's.:thumb:

Also when cold, start frying some onion slices and as they soften add some of the salt potatoes thinly sliced, and fry until lightly browned.... Awesome with bacon and eggs, the potatoes are pre-seasoned....

Back