• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Bandera 101 Document

BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Batch Image
Reaction score
One of the things son my list for the weekend is to work on updating the Bandera 101 Document. Since we have grown way past the Bandera in our scope, I'm working on Version II which is going to be BBQ 101 thru the eyes of "The Brethren". I'm going to leave the Bandera basics sections and I'd like to include additional BBQ basics and also some WSM hints and techniques.

I'd also like to put a section in it for "member contributed" and in this have some high value posts, such as JacksonsDad's 'Small things I have learned" Thread(Excellent post Stacey).

Also, any hardware specific techniques for our differnt styles, like KC Cimmaron(offset Horizontal), or Bellybros and Spicewines(verticals). I also have a new Vertical offset on the way which should be here within a week or so. :). (its a a secret till it arrives). :)

So if anyone has anything they would like or think can be added to the New "Brethren 101" document the post it in this thread or cut an paste some stuff. IM always open for suggestions.

parrothead said:
(its a a secret till it arrives).

No it's not.

should be here within a week or so.

That sounds familiar.

Hey how about a section on bigger heavy duty ton of steel jobbies?

yes it is. Only you and 2 others know. :) I'll post pics soona as its here though. I had it modified further and delayed things. Spoke to shipping yesterday and its going out yesterday or today.

Since the site has grown so far beyond just bandera's how about renaming it to Brethren 101 instead of bandera 101 or even bbq 101?

BrooklynQ said:
Since the site has grown so far beyond just bandera's how about renaming it to Brethren 101 instead of bandera 101 or even bbq 101?

Duhhhh Helllooooooooo read the first post in the thread!!!

I was thinking about putting together a little post about using all wood fires. I'm going to split some cherry wood tomorrow and I had planned on taking a few pics, plus I have tons of other pics from previous posts.
Between the two, I could put together a little thingy about using wood: Splitting, storing, preheating, temp control, etc. I've never pre burned wood though, so somebody else could give their input on that.

I have about 450 shots of meat prep that were taken I would be happy to send you copy of the disc. You can use any shoots you want.

I have about 450 shots of meat prep that were taken I would be happy to send you copy of the disc. You can use any shoots you want.

Immensely generous of you Jim

Saiko said:
I was thinking about putting together a little post about using all wood fires. I'm going to split some cherry wood tomorrow and I had planned on taking a few pics, plus I have tons of other pics from previous posts.
Between the two, I could put together a little thingy about using wood: Splitting, storing, preheating, temp control, etc. I've never pre burned wood though, so somebody else could give their input on that.
Saiko, I could probably help you out with the preburned, that's pretty much all I do in my 'dera.

willkat98 said:
BBQchef33 said:
BrooklynQ said:

Duhhhh Helllooooooooo read the first post in the thread!!!

East Coast Impatient Mod

Don't blame the whole East Coast because Impatience was invited in Illinois

Back