KCBS Judging Class - Why arent there any in NJ or NY?

MeatyOakerSmoker

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Hello

I've been looking around for about two years now for a KCBS judging class. I was mostly interested in learning how judging works etc. I feel like it's good knowledge to just have. But I haven't seen one class offered in NJ/NY or even Eastern PA for that matter.

What's up with the lack of classes in the area? Anyone know?

Thanks

Probably because the organizers aren't having any problem getting judges so they don't see any need to hold a class.

PIZZA, on the other hand can be fantastic.
Inside the Penn Station lobby I experienced
the best. pizza ( crust was bite-through)
ever.
I worked in NYC and trust me - this Pizza was perfect -

If you don't mind coming up to CT, the Mohegan Sun BBQ Contest usually does a judging class every year.

Probably because the organizers aren't having any problem getting judges so they don't see any need to hold a class.
surprised they don't just flood the area with rookie judges like they do everywhere else.

'cause this contest has only the worlds best BBQ cook teams......
Ed

It had a bunch of elite teams, yes. Top 10 KCBS TOY, Jack and Royal winners.

Here in the northeast we love it when teams come long distances under the mistaken belief that the low scores in the northeast are because northeast teams can't cook. Come on up and let our judges show you KCBS doesn't have to be a "three score system."

:becky:

More seriously, there are fewer contests this year in the region, and more judges getting trained. The new NEBS board will have to decide about judging classes in January, but I'm going to recommend they don't have one this year. With Mohegan and Finger Lakes, that's two too many already in the northeast.

It had a bunch of elite teams, yes. Top 10 KCBS TOY, Jack and Royal winners.

Here in the northeast we love it when teams come long distances under the mistaken belief that the low scores in the northeast are because northeast teams can't cook. Come on up and let our judges show you KCBS doesn't have to be a "three score system."

:becky:

More seriously, there are fewer contests this year in the region, and more judges getting trained. The new NEBS board will have to decide about judging classes in January, but I'm going to recommend they don't have one this year. With Mohegan and Finger Lakes, that's two too many already in the northeast.
I don't think advertising that your area has judges regularly giving out 5's and 6's is a good way to get more teams to come to your area. Just sayin

Back