• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Kosmic Turkey...A Play By Play...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Here we go folks...my review/test drive of Kosmo's Chicken Soak and Dirty Bird Rub on my Thanksgiving bird...:becky: This will be a real-time play-by-play...so you won't see the finished product until supper tomorrow evening. Hang in there with me...:thumb:

First up...safety first...cleaned and sanitized the food grade brining bucket (compliments of FamilyManBBQ...:p) with hot soapy water followed by a bleach soak/rinse (2 tbl bleach-4 gal water...soak for 5 minutes then rinse thouroughly)...

KosmicTurkey001.jpg

The bird and the brine...14lb all natural bird...1 cup Chicken Soak per gallon...2.5 gallons total...

KosmicTurkey002.jpg

KosmicTurkey003.jpg

KosmicTurkey004.jpg

KosmicTurkey005.jpg

KosmicTurkey007.jpg

The soak mixed quickly with cold tap water after a few stirs...:cool:

KosmicTurkey008.jpg

KosmicTurkey009.jpg

Lid on then in to the beverage fridge for a cool night's soak...

KosmicTurkey011.jpg

KosmicTurkey012.jpg

KosmicTurkey013.jpg

Next up tommorrow...bird on the BGE...hope to see you then! :-D

Can`t wait to see more and hear how it turns out. What time is dinner I can be in Duvall in under 2 hours, oh wait I forgot that I promissed to make a stuffed bird and stuffed fatties tomorrow:tsk:. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving.

Can`t wait to see more and hear how it turns out. What time is dinner I can be in Duvall in under 2 hours, oh wait I forgot that I promissed to make a stuffed bird and stuffed fatties tomorrow:tsk:. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving.

Thanks neighbor...I wish the same for you and yours! :p

Looking forward to seeing the final results. Oh and I love the beverage fridge!! Cheers :thumb:

Looking forward to seeing the final results. Oh and I love the beverage fridge!! Cheers :thumb:

Thanks Kevin...hey...have you been pheasant hunting lately? My best to you and your family! :p

Hey!! That brine bucket looks familiar! :p I've got a bird soaking in one that looks just like it!! :wink: We're using Patio Daddio's "Big Bird Bath"

Look forward to your finished pics JD...maybe we'll post some too! Happy Turkey Day to you and Mrs. JD!!

P.S. Katie's eyeing that root beer!!

Thanks Kevin...hey...have you been pheasant hunting lately? My best to you and your family! :p

I got a few :becky: Have a great Thanksgiving!!

Attachments

• south dakots 2010.jpg
    south dakots 2010.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:
Hey!! That brine bucket looks familiar! :p I've got a bird soaking in one that looks just like it!! :wink: We're using Patio Daddio's "Big Bird Bath"

Look forward to your finished pics JD...maybe we'll post some too! Happy Turkey Day to you and Mrs. JD!!

P.S. Katie's eyeing that root beer!!

Thanks again Chris...tell Katie the root beer is hers for a song! :p

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread JD. Well stocked fridge there.....I likey.

Bob

Looks awesome. Every family should have a "beverage fridge" in their garage. :thumb:

I got dibs on the Stella :thumb: Awaiting the results. Nice Tutorial.

Looks awesome. Every family should have a "beverage fridge" in their garage. :thumb:

Thanks guys! :p

The bird is out of the brine...rinsed...dried with paper towels...then back in the fridge to air dry for a few hours before getting rubbed then smoked...:thumb:

Time to hit the shower and head out to see the latest Harry Potter movie...(yea...I'm a BIG kid...). :cool:

KosmicTurkey001-1.jpg

KosmicTurkey003-1.jpg

Ok folks...the BGE has a fresh load of Wicked Good...and 2 small chunks of pecan for smoke...:p

The bird was rubbed up with a little canola oil followed by a light dusting of Kosmo's Dirty Bird...:becky:

KosmicTurkey005-1.jpg

KosmicTurkey008-1.jpg

KosmicTurkey012-1.jpg

KosmicTurkey011-1.jpg

KosmicTurkey014.jpg

Stay tuned for the taste test...:cool:

Lookin' good my friend!! What are you drinking while you're cooking....seems your fridge supply isn't shrinking!! :wink:

Katie's hoping grandma comes through with some "root beer in a bottle"

Lookin' good my friend!! What are you drinking while you're cooking....seems your fridge supply isn't shrinking!! :wink:

Katie's hoping grandma comes through with some "root beer in a bottle"

Thanks Chris...just drinking water for now...:rolleyes: My wife set out the champagne flutes and wine glasses so it looks like bubbly and vino for dinner! :becky:

I hope Grandma comes through for Katie...root beer in the bottle is awesome! :p Even better over vanilla ice cream...:thumb:

Back