Peach Smoked Tri Tip (PRoN)

V-wiz

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Simple Sunday Morning Smoke. Trimmed the Tri Tip completely saturday night, left no fat, no silver skin. Rubbed it down with Santa Maria Rub & Montreal Steak seasoning. Put it on this morning at 275-300, removed at 130 IT, then i took out the coal pan and put it on top of the chimney started, i then took out the tri tip & the grate and put it right on top of the coals, it took no time to get some nice charring. The tri tip was super moist, soft but not mushy, basically it was perfect. The peach was off my parents old peach tree, i absolutely love the aroma of peach, its sweet and spicy, ll be using this on alot of my Q's. Ill stop here and present the photos. Thanks for looking.

xf9es8.jpg

11wbpep.jpg

rsam1e.jpg

91jk9f.jpg

167v4o9.jpg

dzuwpk.jpg

Yes, peach is good with almost anything, try it out, like i said the aroma is very nice, its unique.

very nice. I like fruit woods and nut woods. i have been using a lot of pecan lately

The Tri Tip looks great! This reminds me I have friend with a peach orchard. I gotta get on that.

Yeah, and its making me want some peach wood
banghead.gif

Me too Sway, if you find some let me know.

Fanfarkingtastic looking grub there V-Wiz. I like the charcoal sear trick, I have seen it done on the chimney but I hate to fire up more charcoal just for a sear.

Me too Sway, if you find some let me know.

Fanfarkingtastic looking grub there V-Wiz. I like the charcoal sear trick, I have seen it done on the chimney but I hate to fire up more charcoal just for a sear.

Thank you, it was delish, i had some for lunch also.
I used the same/remainder coals, that was the same coals that i started with, it took 1-2min per side.

I forgot to mention that i also used a meat tenderizer. The ones with the sharp needles/knifes, im sure that contributed to the tenderness.

I had a choice of either, Mesquite, Hickory, Apple, Cherry, Mulberry, Peach & Oak (all in the yard). Even though i like mesquite on beef i wanted a more subtle smoke flavor, as the wife likes to taste the meat and not smoke as much. I was stuck between Oak and Peach, I decided to go Peach as the aroma is just awesome. Ill try the Oak next time, i have one more Tri Tip Chilling in the freezer.

Back