PVC Banner holder

Fat Freddy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I hope I dont sound to pathetic here:rolleyes:. Occasionally I have noticed people have their team banners hung on some sort of holder. I am assuming PVC but have never looked that close. I would like a better way of hanging my BBQ Brethren banner than off my EZ Up but I am horrible with my hands.

Would anyone be willing to show a pic of their banner holder's or better yet explain how they built theirs and where to get the stuff. I assume a regular hardware store but how would I cut down to size needed.

Again any help would be appreciated.

I made my son's soccer banner out of pvc like the one below but added feet to the bottom. Very easy.
soccerBanner.jpg

The last time I made one of these I was pressed for time and didn't have time to go home and cut the pieces, but I had my measurements. I asked an associate at the hardware store if he could cut the pieces to my specified length, and he didn't even hesitate. He grabbed a cutter and voila. If you end up cutting it yourself, a regular hacksaw cuts the pvc just fine. I think I used 3/4" PVC.

I had to build banner frames for our comp tents this last year. I used 1" PVC pipes and fittings. In all, it cost us about $45 in supplies from Home Depot. I also bought a cheap PVC cutter to cut all of the PVC.

Knowing I was going to use a different banner setup whether I PC'd or not, I wanted something that could break down into smaller pieces. I also wanted to be able to just take those pieces that I would need for a particular comp without bringing a full setup. So I sketched out what I thought would work, and bought the pieces I needed to build it out.

When I was ready to build the frame, I setup my 2 tents (10' x 10' EZ UP) side by side as I would at a comp, and laid out all of my banners that I would be using. At that point I cut all of the PVC to size based on the measurements of the tent and banners. For all of the pieces that would span the length of the tent, I placed a cross member in the middle to keep the frame from sagging once the banner was attached.

So far it has worked great for us. We even had a couple of comps where the wind was up and over 15 mph, and the frame held up without any issues. Hope this helps.

Here are some pic of our site layout this year.

1 Tent, Comp Only Banner Setup
picture.php

2 Tent, Comp Only Banner Setup
picture.php

2 Tent, PC & Comp Banner Setup. PC booth on the right.
picture.php

2 Tent, PC & Comp Banner Setup. PC booth on the left.
picture.php

Back