• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Discussion Thread -> "I Am The Creator!" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is..."I Am the Creator!"

IMG_0717.jpg

This was ecode's entry in the 2011 "Nouveau Cuisine" Throwdown.

As chosen by code3rrt for winning the "Latin American Flair" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

code3rrt said:
"I am the Creator":

Create your own dish or a unique "twist" on a more traditional BBQ item that really makes it stand out.

Kim

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 4/22/16 through the entry submission deadline of 12pm (NOON), Central US Time on Monday 5/2/16.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. (NOON) Central US Time on Monday 5/2/16

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

The ENTRY and VOTE threads will follow Q-Talk rules, meaning QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread. Non-quality posts that are made here will be deleted and the offending member will be asked why they couldn't just post in the DISCUSSION thread instead, and in extreme cases or repeat offenders, disciplinary action WILL happen.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Man this has me thinking

My head hurts already...

^^Agree for sure. There are not to many things we have not seen here at the Brethren, but I was hoping to stir up the creative juices, as I know there are a lot of creative folks around here.
Usually, when I have the privilege of choosing a TD topic, I already have an idea in my head, in this case..............nada :shock::doh:.
I'm not the most creative guy in the world for sure, hope I can come up with something:decision:.
I don't see a companion "delinquent" thread, figured it would be loaded with Star Trek references for some reason.

Anyway, sounded like a good idea at the time.

KC

Last edited:
Osso Buco over Risotto alla Milanese

This is my entry into the "I Am The Creator!" Throwdown.

[FONT=&quot]First I made up some baguettes for garlic toast. Link:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=229458[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Then I made up some Risotto alla Milanese. Link:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3540666#post3540666[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Now I went about making the Osso Buco. Here are most the ingredients. (Not shown are the garlic, Rosemary and Thyme)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And the beef shanks.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I tied them up with some butchers twine, seasoned them with salt and then coated with flour.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] I seared them in my new enameled Dutch oven.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I set them aside and sautéed my veggies. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Once they had start to wilt I added some tomato paste and stirred it in and cooked for 1 minute.[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Now I added 1 cup of white wine and let it cook for 1 minute. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Now I added the oregano, thyme, Rosemary, bay leaf, crushed tomatoes, chicken / beef stock and the beef shanks and brought it to a boil.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I then placed it on the kamado at 325 for 2.5 hours.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When it was ready I made up the Gremolata garnish. (Parsley, Garlic & lemon zest finely miced)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Here it is everything plated with a nice red wine.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Please use the picture below as my polling photo.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fork Shot![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Delizioso!

[FONT=&quot]The ent[FONT=&quot]ire cook thread can be seen here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=229461[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

My Official Entry for the "I Am The Creator" TD

I had a lot of fun doing what ultimately ended up as this week's TD cook. I'm really happy with the way things turned out, considering that I approached this as an open-ended cook. Saw the beautiful pork chops at the market, bought some chicken leg-quarters on sale, received my new shipment of MooGloo, needed to use up some leftover bacon, and a couple days ago I just happened to read about using bourbon to make shatteringly crunchy fried batter. Everything seemed to fall into place, evolving into one cohesive idea. And as convoluted as this process ended up being, I can honestly say that I will make these chops again. Three different meats (pork chop, chicken, bacon), four different cooking methods (cold-smoke, hot-smoke, sousvide, deep-frying), and a generous sprinkle of meat-glue here and there...the ultimate pork chop!

The entire cook thread is HERE.

Please take a look, enjoy the pics, and if you are the least bit inclined to make your own, I can only recommend that you go for it...I kid you not...my best pork chops ever!

gK8mlzHm.jpg
Oy6j8Jcm.jpg
9tsnH7Nm.jpg
Rh1wqb7m.jpg
GIqLZ9Em.jpg
Kw9I9Rgm.jpg
3bhv1XPm.jpg
EAkcLmKm.jpg
uXIUku3m.jpg
5woWEf8m.jpg
pdpGtL6m.jpg
jctyybNm.jpg
8Um3ecqm.jpg
eHzVFuem.jpg
Ok1igFum.jpg
2J5wGtom.jpg
G5jKOZWm.jpg
I8mD6ajm.jpg
jQCo1Yym.jpg
sPf4azgm.jpg
T47hhU1m.jpg
uivju8Bm.jpg
G7m0WNzm.jpg
2uQy29Sm.jpg

Bacon Fried Chicken Chops
bacon-wrapped, chicken-skinned, twice-smoked, battered and fried double-cut pork chops
accompanied by braised red cabbage, browned-butter spatzle, and bacon spirals

NgQbQhmh.jpg

Please accept the above photo as my entry shot.

Thanks for looking! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Wow that looks great and the widest post ever - How'd you do that?

I'm guessing you glued them together! :wink:

Back