• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

The Never Ending PORK CHOP Thread

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
The next cut we are going to master is...

PORK CHOPS!
whole-pork-loin.jpg

Photo from Easy-BBQ-Recipes.com.

*** THESE RULES ARE DIFFERENT FROM THROWDOWS - SEE BELOW ***

If you don't know what farking PORK CHOPS are then get a brain and get the fark outta here!:mad:

Do you think you have what it takes to be the PORK CHOPS MASTER??? Well, PROVE IT!!!:twisted:

Here are the rules for the BBQ Brethren PORK CHOPS Master contest.

1. NO MORE RULES
2. Your item must be cooked in some sort of fashion that is BBQ.

OK all you wannabe BBQ'ers, LET'S GET COOKING!!!:cool: There can be only one PORK CHOPS MASTER!:boxing: Do you have what it takes to become the PORK CHOPS MASTER?

NEXT CUT: NOTHING! (this will be the final Masters Cut contest)

Last edited by a moderator:
:doh:

This a day after I did a Kurobuta center rib roast. Oh well...more pork chops never hurt. I bet this farker fills up quick though & I'm one procrastinatin sumbich....

Pork chops eh? How about pork chops and applesauce? :heh:

images

I know... I know... They have to be part of the pork chops and not a side dish! :roll:
You could dress the pork chop in applesauce, or put the pork chop on a bed of apple sauce, or some other option that fits within the rules.

It is simple, you must cook pork chops for this throwdown. You must post pictures of the pork chop, it is best to cook a pork chop, so you must post pics of it getting ready for cooking, cooking and apres-cooking. You may not substitute a tofu or soy cutlet for a pork chop, as a cutlet is not a chop. Of course, so we are inclusive and thoughtful appearing, we are allowing boneless chops made from pork even though everyone knows that a chop has to have a bone in it, otherwise it is a cutlet, which is not allowed. But, we don't want to appear biased against cutlets, even as we reject soybeans, which means, we are not really being open minded, as we are still not allowing soy products despite allowing cutlets, which are not really chops. I am actually okay with this, as I have nothing against allowing cutlets and chops to associate with each other, since I think things with bones are best associating closely with things that do not have bones. I get nervous when a gathering does not have a good mix of bones and no bones. I guess we are also not going to allow steaks, as steaks are not clearly chops, unless they have a bone in them, in which case, they are chops and not steaks anyways and are not fully realizing their inner chop, maintaining their charade existience, as steaks and not chops. And still, we deny soy a place at the table.

We don't have any good pork chops around here. Seems like most of the nice juicy pork chops with some fat are out of the U.S. Maybe Phrasty can send some out this way.

OK I will join in. These are Grilled boneless chops in a Chinese Marinade.

Here are the naked ones.....:-D

011.jpg

Now my Mise en place

012-2.jpg

Were using a combination of soy sauce, mirin, and sesame oil as a quick brinerade. Prior to the bath I have seasoned the chops with cracked sea salt and pepper along with a sprinkling of five pepper seasoning.

014-2.jpg

Now into the bath for about 30 minutes.
015-1.jpg

From here we go direct to the kettle setup for an indirect cook. Fueled by a mix of lump and Stubbs briquettes. I gave them a quick sear and rotate then moved to the cool side for the rest of the cook.

016-1.jpg

Pulled from kettle at 145 and plated.

018.jpg

Thanks for looking! :becky:

very nice indeed!

is there any left? i'd love to see a cut shot.

what are they glazed with? or did i miss it?

I didn’t bleed and I ain't black and blue,
It ain't hard to tell who got the best of who,
Cause in the morning light I’m hard to recognize,
Yeah Jack Daniels kicked my ass again last night

Eric Church

Attachments

• IMG_9489.jpg
    IMG_9489.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_9501.jpg
    IMG_9501.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 238