2nd smoke, working my way through brethren favorites (Pr0n inside)

Midnight Goat

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
The Molaw was in town this weekend so my ECB provided a very nice escape! Tried my hand at a fatty, pork shots, and bacon wrapped onion rings.

For the fatty I wanted to try it the traditional way first but since I'm not a tremendous fan of breakfast sausage I did half with a cream cheese stuffed jalepeno. Wow did it come out awesome! I still would probably prefer a beef fatty but my wife absolutely loved it.

The pork shots were by far my favorite thing to date. I ran out of brown sugar so I just cut up some scallions and topped it and they were fantastic. The cream cheese really takes on a delicious smoke flavor and the combination is just out of this world. I'm very excited to try them again with the brown sugar.

The bacon wrapped onion rings were very good but they were a bit labor intensive for the result. I'm really building up some serious skills thanks to this site and I think this weekend I might try my first overnight pork butt.

This was also my first time using a digital thermometer and WOW was I off on temp for my first cook. The tenderloin came out delicious but it could have been way better if I knew what temp I was cooking at instead of guessing. Was probably at 280-300 for that cook. I picked up a bag of apple wood for my current cook and I'm really liking it so far.

Excited to finally tackle a bbq staple next!

Attachments

• IMAG1328.jpg
    IMAG1328.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 283
  • IMAG1329.jpg
    IMAG1329.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 282
  • IMAG1351.jpg
    IMAG1351.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 283
  • IMAG1352.jpg
    IMAG1352.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 283
It all looks fantastic. Great cook!!

Nice cook.

Yeah, no more bacon wrapped rings for me. Too much labor and they were just ok.

Love pig shots. Bacon, sausage, cheese? What's not to like?

For you next Fatty, take a look at Cowgirl's page and put a pretty bacon weave on it. Gives it a great appearance, and hey, it's bacon on pork...

As far as Fatty stuffing's go, the skies the limit. My first was a pizza Fatty with sun dried tomato sauce, cheese, pepperoni, onions, peppers, and mushrooms. It was delicious. I need to make it again...

Great looking grub, Goat!

No brown sugar? I suggest substituting some nice dry rub as the dusting on the pork shots...

You'll do just fine on that pork butt, especially if you're learning to control your temps. They're forgiving, and are oh, so tasty.

Kind regards,
SD

I hope you're a youngster. All the great stuff here could be a life's project.

All looks real good! I'm a relative noob here as well and I learned a ton after just a few months and I'm addicted!
Keep posting up. Everything looks tasty!

NewTwoQ, use the search at the bottom of the page and look for "pig shots" or "pork shots" and you will see lots of different, great variations on them.

Here is my first attempt at pig shots...

Back