Homemade Pastrami Pics!

Dang it looks so good :-D. I've been getting lazy with my pastami and buying the corned beef and just smoking. Only done the whole process twice. Thanks for sharing!

This was my first attempt at curing meat (other than beef jerky). Very pleased with the results.

Looks awesome...and thanks for sharing...

Makes me want to drive down to Katz's on the lower east side..NYC...

That's what I had for supper tonight. Yours looks delicious!!

That looks incredible, it makes me want to get up and drive all the way home for some of mine. ( I'm 75 miles away taking a class for work until Saturday) I've done the store corned beef and it was really good. But doing my own was over the top. I will still stock up on corned beef when they go on sale for St Paddys day. For when I don't want to wait as long. I will say this it sure beats store bought beyond belief.

I haven't cured my own, just do the store bought corned beef, which comes out great. And if the "easy" way that I do it is as good as it is, doing it homemade has to be a total homerun.

And it's hard to go back to not doing this. We like to slice up a bunch and vac pack and freeze it. I need to make another batch sometime soon!

question - if I want to take the easy way out and not do it from scratch - do I buy a cured corned beef or an uncured corned beef? Thank you

Back