Boneless Baby Back's

Here's a good explanation about what they are...

This is NOT a rib, a country-style rib, a riblet, or, a McRib!

A bit about boneless pork backribs or boneless babyback ribs:

This cut of pork, which is not new, started being marketed with these two misleading names after mom and pop butcher shops started closing their doors and mega-markets started opening theirs. This cut is nothing more than pork loin meat taken from "near the ribs". As we all know, pork ribs, which are attached to the loin muscle, are fatty and flavorful. This partially-cut, flat piece of loin (which suspiciously looks like what a rack of ribs might look like if one could remove the bones) is akin, in texture (dry) and flavor (bland), to a boneless pork chop.

Loin meat all the way.

That's what I thought it looked like... Can't imagine cooking those, without a LOT of injection, butterflying them and stuffing them with apple-kraut (which i make myself.)

I don't think they would get any smoke since they cook pretty quick, right?

I'd give it a shot ! I bet I could get it moist and flavor full ! :thumb: Just ask my wife! :bow:

ah...you must not have gotten my text, the family loved the brisket and the brunswick stew...big hits!

these came out tender ,cut with fork real easy and flavorful .Good ring too,more then i expected.

Last edited:
Those look awesome. Could you elaborate on your process because I have a pork loin in the freezer and I'd like to try to get something that looks that good.

Back