• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Anybody in West By God?

Beast Drinker

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hey do you make Pepperoni Rolls at the house? If so what do you do, how do ya do it? I imagine yo can't use storebought dough?

Maybe this should be in Woodpile? it's not Q it's baking related....

Thanks a bunch, I'm on it right now, looks like the french bread canned dough will have to work. headed 2 the prep table.

Well, my peperoni rolls un rolled on me in the oven they kinda look like peperoni catchers mitts. better study a little more next time. thanks again. :)

AHA after re reading that.... I shoulda made about 15 more with the amount of dough I had. That bread dough was too thick and it made them pop open, NOW I know. And I'll use croissant or dinner roll dough next time. just goes to show that you shouldn't ever cook anything in a hurry unless you know it like the back of your hand. Q or not... Quality takes time.

I didn't eat one yet they 2 hot and they are for the kids school lunch..

Edit, too much bread, not enough pepperoni. I'll do better tomorrow. tasted ALMOST like a Peperoni roll. Not quite.

I just had my first one of these over the 4th. It was made by a west by godian. Wish I would have asked for her recipe to help you out. THEY ARE GOOD!

Looks a bit like Stromboli to me. I can't wait to try these and cook them on my kamado. I will post soon. Love a challenge,
Jed

I'm from West Virginia, and yes I can give you a recipe. It's really simple, you can use frozen dough, or your favorite roll bread recipe. You want to make sure you get the dough no thicker than a quarter inch when you flatten it out. Some people prefer stick pepperoni (chunks). Most prefer sliced. As far a cheese, sprinkling cheddar inside is the best. Just role the bread out into triangles, lay out your pepperoni and cheese on top, role it and bake it usually around thirty minutes. I brush the tops of the bread with butter before baking.

I just depends on how big you want them to be, the main thing is to not overstuff them, or role them to thick. I probably use about a 4" triangle?

Back