Sous Vide Workflow

highergr0und

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So.... got my anova sous vide cooker after over a year of debating (not constant, but here and there). After a few cooks, I can see its value, just wondering how folks are working it into their cooking workflows?

Are you batch cooking items for the week, chilling, then sticking in the fridge to finish off for different dinners? Mainly just doing bath > finishing > serving? Just looking for some ideas.

I would also like to know. Thinking of picking one up

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

So far I have mostly used mine bath > finish > serve or reheat in bath > serve.

I have found that it really shines for entertaining. Sometimes it can be a challenge to time a cook to when the guests will be ready to sit down, and often you are busy cooking instead of socializing during appetizers etc. With sous vide there is little risk of over cooking and a wide window for timing. I can put some pork tenderloins in a bath before the guests arrive, enjoy cocktails and appetizers, and when everyone is ready to sit down, it only takes me a couple of minutes to sear and then serve hot and perfectly done.

Other things like chicken for chicken salad work well cooking up a batch for the fridge or freezer.

It is also one of the best ways to reheat leftover BBQ.

So far I have mostly used mine bath > finish > serve or reheat in bath > serve.

I have found that it really shines for entertaining. Sometimes it can be a challenge to time a cook to when the guests will be ready to sit down, and often you are busy cooking instead of socializing during appetizers etc. With sous vide there is little risk of over cooking and a wide window for timing. I can put some pork tenderloins in a bath before the guests arrive, enjoy cocktails and appetizers, and when everyone is ready to sit down, it only takes me a couple of minutes to sear and then serve hot and perfectly done.

Other things like chicken for chicken salad work well cooking up a batch for the fridge or freezer.

It is also one of the best ways to reheat leftover BBQ.

^^ Exactly!! ^^ love my Sous Vide (Anova)...just another great tool!

Back