Smoked Almonds Recipes

I followed meathead's recipe for soaking in water for 10 minutes. Drained and sprinkled w Weber chili lime rub. Rub coated nicely and didn't go anywhere when I cold-smoked them for about 1.5 hours. They were still a bit moist after smoking, so I finished them in a 225 oven for about 30 minutes. Tasted great.

had the same problem, i had mine in the oven for over 30 mins at a higher temp and my nuts were still soggy :-(

i soaked for 10 mins in water, drained. added beaten egg whites then the seasoning. in the BGE with an amazen smoker for about 90 mins then into my oven. its been a few weeks, they are still soggy/soft

had the same problem, i had mine in the oven for over 30 mins at a higher temp and my nuts were still soggy :-(

i soaked for 10 mins in water, drained. added beaten egg whites then the seasoning. in the BGE with an amazen smoker for about 90 mins then into my oven. its been a few weeks, they are still soggy/soft

Strange. We did basically the same thing and mine came out of the oven really crunchy.

There could be a good reason why some folks,are having issues getting them cooked. If your almonds are round like a football that will need more time to cook and they hold the seasing better. The flat longer ones could cook faster but dont hold the seasoning as well Also for those using honey/cinnamon to flavor that's an art to have them not stick. Cinnamon does not do well in heat. Been working with all these seasonings on almonds,walnuts,etc for 30 plus years. Don't get me started on coco or vanilla almonds those are worse lol. I cook my almonds 1st then season here at home and haven't had any issues.

You might consider trying a batch of old school party mix seasonings, minus the cereal & pretzels. Mix up a big batch of nuts, and smoke it up instead of baking in the oven.

6 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder

Click here for source

I did cold smoke them and wanted to finish in the oven. I didn't want to start the UDS to just smoke Almonds and wanted to use the Amazen smoker.

I think I am going to reverse the process next time and cook the Almonds, then season, then smoke. Still will use the Amazen.

If you have soggy Nuts, try using a dehydrator. It worked great! They were in there around 12 hours.

Back