• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Differences in Fab B, B lite, C & P

MilitantSquatter

Reaction score
I'm still on the fence about even attempting to use the FAB injections. I originally said it looked like the back of the ingredient list on a TV dinner box although other threads have since detailed what each ingredient is and it's purpose....

Still, my interest was sparked again after having several discussions with other competitors at the Bristol contest about the extent of it's use at at contests. Anyway, I looked at the ingredients closer and noticed they practically all look identical...

My question is not if this stuff is any good, as that has been discussed previously. I am just curious if anyone knows specifically how each of the four products differentiate and what makes each specific to a type of meat...Is it strictly ratio variations or a way to sell more product ?

FAB B Contains: Hydrolyzed soy protein, vegetable oil (soybean and or corn, cottonseed), sodium phosphates, mono sodium glutamate, autolyzed yeast extract, disodium inosinate and guanylate, xanthan gum. FAB B Lite Contains: Hydrolyzed soy protein, vegetable oil (soybean and or corn, cottonseed), sodium phosphates, mono sodium glutamate, autolyzed yeast extract, disodium inosinate and guanylate, xanthan gum. FAB C Contains: Hydrolyzed soy protein, partially hydrogenated soybean, cottonseed and peanut oils, sodium phosphates, mono sodium glutamate, autolyzed yeast extract, disodium inosinate and guanylate, xanthan gum. FAB P Contains: Hydrolyzed soy protein, partially hydrogenated soybean, cottonseed and peanut oils, sodium phosphates, mono sodium glutamate, autolyzed yeast extract, disodium inosinate and guanylate, xanthan gum.
rule.gif

Vinny, Joe Ames, owner of The Ingredient Store, was at the Bristol contest. If you email him he'll answer any and all your questions, he's a great resource about any ingredients you may ever need or use. His address is on his web site.

Thanks guys... I will send Joe an e-mail just so I better understand what the differences are....and get his insight behind the product.

Last edited:
I would guess the differences are there to enhance that type of meat, like a chicken rub & a rib rub might have a bunch of similarities but tweeked to that specific thing, keep in mind this is pure speculation.

I've only used Fab B on a couple of briskets and chuck rolls. I am really pleased with the product.

Back