Big farkin chop!

Shagdog

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
There's a great throwdown this month celebrating big chops. It's a perfect excuse to grill a big arse steak, so I did. Head in over to the TD sub forum and check it out. You could win some awesome steaks from Snake river farms!

Boys night.. Wife is on a girls weekend, so that means STEAK!!!

Picked up the biggest chop they had.. 1.75lbs.. It'll have to do.. Lightly salted and put it in the fridge for a bit to dry brine

Cracked a most excellent brewski

And... it started to rain. alot. I would not be deterred. Already had the ez up in the garage from last weekend, so...

While the chimney got ready, I made a simple tomato sauce of fresh tomatoes, Garlic, butter, chili peppers, and basil. Tossed it with some Gniocci right before I went out to make the steak...

Steak dusted with Jalapeno powder, ancho, paprika, onion, garlic, black pepper

On the hot chimney! Not a great phone pic...

Done and resting.. I had to keep the boy at bay with a mop handle...

Time to eat... Might be his favorite meal.. Definitely like father like son

mine

Oh man, I need a nap... Or another Wee heavy. One of the 2...

Killer! You're son is enjoying the hell out of his steak and I can see why.:thumb:

You can't go wrong with alesmith, peeps. Wee heavy, speedway stout, old numbskull. All awesome... A bit spendy but worth it.

Looks great Shagdog! But at only 1.75 lbs you should have pick up two, you might be hungry after your nap.

Nothing short of a glorious meal as usual. Excellent work. I like the gnocchi dish as well!

Thanks, George! He is a nutball for steaks.

It was only an inch and a half, George, so it got a quick cook. Reverse sear I'll only do if it's over 2..

Excellent. I'm a big scotch ale fan, and I don't think I've had a better one than Alesmith's. It's fan-farkin-tastic!

Either a another beer or a nap? Doing both would be an option, yes?

That looks about as good as it gets SD - very nicely done!

You need to feed that boy more often. Poor child looks like he was starvin'!

That is how it is done!

Julian sure has a grip on those utinsels! Don't think he will Share!!! Hope you have his new SF stored away nice.

Back