Trip to Atlanta

aawa

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Well I am going down to Covington, GA (which is about 30 minutes SE of Atlanta) for Memorial Day weekend. We will be there Friday, Saturday, Sunday and I am looking for some cool places to possibly eat and also find some good bbq.

I hope I can talk my GF, her son, and mom into going to Kevin Gillespie's restaurant Gunshow in ATL. I know it is going to be spendy, but I'm worried about them not liking the food. They aren't as foodie as I am.

One thing I do know is that we will be in the heart of the south and want to try some good BBQ. Is there any place in Atlanta or not to far away from Covington, GA that is recommended for some bbq?

Fox Brothers is worth a trip in Atlanta. I've eaten their que twice - once at the restaurant, once at a wedding, and both times it has been delicious. I think they were one of the "teams" in the Garden and Gun BBQ bracket.

After reading all the reviews Fox Brothers has made the list of possibilities. Are there any other bbq joints that should be on there?

As a recent transplant to Atlanta, I've not found much good BBQ here. Lots of quantity over quality IMO. I'm on the north side of town though, so can't much help in the Covington direction!

As a recent transplant to Atlanta, I've not found much good BBQ here. Lots of quantity over quality IMO. I'm on the north side of town though, so can't much help in the Covington direction!

Thanks for the heads up!

Fox Brothers for sure. Get the brisket and the Fox-A-Roni

Community BBQ in Decatur. Best sausage I've had in Georgia. Their mac-and-cheese is legendary.

Community BBQ has amazing smoked chicken too! It's actually smoked, while most places do not smoke it.

Fox Brothers (tominator (app), brisket burger, fox-a-roni, mac-n-cheese...stay away from the green beans unless you like em' spicy)

DBA BBQ (amazing wings and they serve moonshine)

Community BBQ

Moonies (brisket only; his pork isn't very good)

Heirloom Market BBQ

Swallow At The Hallow (their wings are amazing! Brisket was sub-par, but pork was good)

Memphis BBQ Co.

These are just a few that I can think of off the top of my head.

Thanks!

Just got back from Fox Bro. BBQ. I got the BC Plate everything was worth the money spent.

If you can, Ren, try to get to Holeman & Finch for the legendary double cheeseburger!!

Can you guys recommend any other spots? I've got a few more days down here myself and have tried most of the ones listed. Fox Bros is by far the best I've had here so far!

Back