• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ In Seattle Area..

SethBBQ

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Heading to Seattle area Wednesday. It's hard not to find good beer everywhere, but where can I get good BBQ?

Seth

Pecos pit south of Safeco field is good. Just be warned that the hot bbq sauce is hot. If you're looking for non bbq but good deli, try Salumi (owened by mario batali's folks). And highly recommend Tats on Yesseler, but go during the day as it is not a good part of town.

I was not impressed with Pecos. The beans had so much black pepper I threw them away. When I got a spork with my pulled pork sandwich I should have known it was going to be a huge mess. The sandwich was so sauced it fell apart. Most of it went into the garbage. I can't see why anyone would eat there. oh that is right Seattle! If I would have tried eating it at Pecos I would have asked for my money back.
There is a new place in Seattle called Jack,s BBQ in the SODO district that show promise. www.jacksbbq.com
Non BBQ :
The Wild Ginger plus lots of places at the Pike Place Market

Not BBQ, but the best farking fish and chips I've ever had - and I've had 'em in England, Scotland, etc. I believe it's called "Pike Street Fish Fry". It's right next to a music venue called Nuemo's. Fanfarkingtastic hole in the wall fried fish joint.

There's a burger joint called "Dick's" (yeah, I know...). Cool spot - very good cheap burgers. I don't know Seattle too well, but it struck me as one of those places that's probably a local institution. There's a couple cool record stores nearby. Actually - just looked - there are a few locations. http://www.ddir.com/locations

Lots of great places and since I'm there for a few days.. I'll take in teh best farking fish and chips and at least 1 BBQ place.

Thanks for all of the recommendations.

Seth

Pecos pit south of Safeco field is good. Just be warned that the hot bbq sauce is hot. If you're looking for non bbq but good deli, try Salumi (owened by mario batali's folks). And highly recommend Tats on Yesseler, but go during the day as it is not a good part of town.

DEFINTELY Tat's on Yesler St.
Awesome east coast sandwich shop.

There's a few places in Seattle you can try.

Pecos Pit (Sodo Area)
Pig Iron BBQ (Georgetown)
Kickin' Boot (Ballard)
Bitterroot (Ballard)

Would also like to give a shout to a friend and fellow competitor who recently opened his own restaurant.

Big Daddy's Family BBQ in Enumclaw.
Though not conveniently located close Seattle, they are awesome people.

If you're looking for just an awesome place to drink with some good eats, hit Brouwers in the Fremont area.
When you're done there, hop down the street to Sixgill and have some smoked wings. I can't stop thinking about them, but they're only open in the evening, long after I've departed work, which is nearby.

Last edited:
Okay.. so my days were long and I needed sleep.. didn't get any BBQ while I was gone as I was just too beat. Bummer.. However, since I'm going in June.. this list will still be great.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Seth

Back