Why the heck am I here instead of BBQ'ing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ericthefred

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
It's an excellent question and one for which I have no answer, except to say that this is that great a site. Hello, I'm brand new here, but I've already learned much from the forum and plan to learn much more.

Don't expect to see a lot from me except questions; I have a lot of history as an amateur cook (to the point that I often receive the 'you should open a restaurant'! compliment from well-meaning people who have no idea how much work they are trying to wish upon me) but almost none doing BBQ, and even less using a real smoker. I've done some experimentation using smoker boxes inside my gas grill, but I just acquired an inexpensive cabinet smoker (Master Forge) and I and the family loved the results of my first pork ribs (a rack of back ribs + enough country ribs to bring it up to 5 lbs.) My only complaint is a notable lack of leftovers.

Anyway, thanks to all for the great advice I have already found here, and eventually I'm sure I will come up with a question that I can't search and find already answered here!

Welcome from Indiana!!!!

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Welcome to the neighborhood. Run away, quickly, from the "you ought to open a restaurant" crowd...all they want if free food!! :-D

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back