.99 Instant read is back again!

OK got the thermo and used it to take the temp on a fatty. I got 1 temp and went to take another in the other end of fatty and this is what I get flashing. Took battery out and still the flashing. Glad its only. 99

Sorry James, but same experience here. My thermometer wouldn't even turn on at first. Replaced the battery with one I had, and it eventually turned on. Tried again with the original battery, and it worked. Temp reading compared to my Thermapen is off by e few degrees to start and then it fluctuates when left in place while the Thermapen hold steady in place. Taking out and putting right back in will result in a completely different temp. Read time is close to 10 seconds before it quits climbing to temp. No way would I trust the unit as much more than a probe.

I thought one had to be a vendor here to promote and sell a product?

It's looks like a good thermometer. The probe is thicker than usual; not sure if there is a pro or con with that. The package says it works in 3 seconds...that's interesting. There's a button that allows you to lock the temp you are reading in the display for later reference, that's good.

I tested it with a thermapen in a glass hot water. In 3 seconds or so the thermapen was set on a temp and adjusted down a degree by 5 seconds. The Camden was slow to get up to temp, it probably took 15-20 seconds. At the end both read basically the same temp.

So the Camden looks good, but they shouldn't say it works in 3 seconds.

What a *crock* this turned out to be.

We were taken advantage of.

James was quick to refund my 99 cents on my non-functional thermometer. Not a big deal either way and I wouldn't have asked for it, but he did. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he really does want our feedback, but that doesn't change the fact that this thermo is junk.

Pretty hard to be ripped off of $0.99. Better than spending it on a soda I figure.

James obviously took a bath much more than we did. Did he do his homework on the manufacturer? I suppose we were the guinea pigs so to speak.

James was quick to give me a refund without asking.. I left my feedback on amazon and he saw I was not happy and contacted me and refunded my money.
Good company just a bad batch of thermos.

I got one of these last week. In the hand it feels like a good product. It shut off on me a couple of times after 3-5 seconds... Not sure if it's by design or what. It's not an "instant read" thermometer, more like 5-8 seconds before it stops moving. It's within a few degrees of my instant read weber.

If it lasts, I'd say its an $8-$12 product. Thanks to whomever alerted about the deal.

Mine didn't work after one use. I sent the feed back they asked for from the email and they sent me another one out. So far this one works . I thought the customer service was fast and prompt.

I don't think they were trying to take advantage of anyone.

I got one last week and it seems to be working alright, not the quickest thing in the world but for .99 cents what more could you ask for. It turned on, it works, if I get the rest of the season out of it I will be happy.

Got mine and tested it in iced water against the Thermopop which is relatively competitive in price. The TP registered 31 and the 99 center hit 32.6 in the same glass at the same time. Close enough. Fast enough too given its price.

Back