First Saturday of football season - what's on your smoker?

crimsonaudio

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Got four slabs of ribs on the WSM, getting ready to smoke some wings on the miniWSM. Gonna be a good day...

Roll Tide!

083014_ribs&wings.jpg

Nothing on the smoker. Only one thing is proper for opening day - pepperoni rolls

Lets Go MOUNTAINEERS !!!!

Just have to grin

I sent over 100K to Aggieland in tuition, fees, room, board enhanced instructor fees, covered parking,and later apartment rent, transportation, red light camera tickets, on-off campus parking tickets, gas to Austin, restaurants in Austin, so damn straight I'm cooking and watching Aggies and Longhorns.

BUT- I was born a Sooner, gotta love OU. THEN there are Les Miles fantastic interviews and Mad Hatter play calling and his true love for the game that anyone can see. Petrino??? What he did was tame- lying about it was the sin- a Guess it's Arkansas water. And I wish Coach Strong all the best. It's all good.

So what's cooking? Boudin-red beans and rice, and if the brides not looking maybe a dozen gizzards from Chicken Express. If she is looking-well then it's probably a veggie tray and organic peanut butter.

Last edited:
Nothing on the smoker today. However, I picked up a case (8-1/2 dozen) of Malpeque Bay oysters yesterday from Restaurant Depot, some of which will be grilled on the Weber. Some on the 1/2 shell and just maybe a Po Boy or two.

Back