Contest Announcment BBQ, Blues, and Cruise, Taylorville, IL May 30-31, 2008

CaptTable

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hello, folks.

Just talked to the organizer of the BBQ, Blues and Cruise contest in Taylorville, IL May 30-31 and they are still in need of teams. It is a first time contest and they want to make sure they reach the qualifer status. They are doing okay on judges, just need teams.

If anyone is interested, you can find more info through the "Events" tab on the KCBS site.

Kathy & I are swinging by to rep this contest after repping the Westmont, IL contest the weekend before. We are really looking forward to meeting you guys who don't venture "down South" much!

Thanks,

Phillip

I'd like to do this one, it is close by. But I am alone. Is there any brethren looking to partner up on this?

I can't get off work early, but I might show up late. Can I make sure that the Reps stick around to check my meat and welcome me with my turn in boxes? Man, we might have to start calling you and Kathy yankee's after 2 weekends in the north... ;-)

Chris I might need some help.

Scottie

St. Elizabeth Hospital? That is where I was born. I knew I liked her!!!:cool:

I'd like to do this one, it is close by. But I am alone. Is there any brethren looking to partner up on this?

Thinking about it trying to make this one ........want to help us out for the weekend if we decide to do it??

I can't get off work early, but I might show up late. Can I make sure that the Reps stick around to check my meat and welcome me with my turn in boxes? Man, we might have to start calling you and Kathy yankee's after 2 weekends in the north... ;-)

Chris I might need some help.

Scottie

Hey Scottie...didn't see the last line on this post to Chris....sorry. We really just need a runner and a hand setting up, if we can make it.....I'm sure we can find somone down there if we go.

I'm not even sure if I can make it. I have a conflict with taking the day off. How dare my guys want a Friday off in the summer!!! :twisted:

I'm not even sure if I can make it. I have a conflict with taking the day off. How dare my guys want a Friday off in the summer!!! :twisted:

You should have put that poster on your office door:wink:

We may try to get to this one as well if all works out.

CaptTable, I am form Granite City as well, born in Belleville but spent most of my childhood in GC

Maybe all you guys could have a Granite City Division at the contest. ;^)

Sounds like we could get several teams!

Phillip

We may try to get to this one as well if all works out.

CaptTable, I am form Granite City as well, born in Belleville but spent most of my childhood in GC

Are you out of Louisville now Kevin? WIll you be up in these parts this summer?

I was Glen Carbon, until 4... All my cousins are still in those parts though.

A all Granite City cook off would be fun... Small World. :cool:

Hey Scottie,
yes the wife took a great opportunity in Louisville so there you go. I will be at Westmont as I hope you will be to since youi can walk to the contest from home. I remebered you were from Glen Carbon (the other "GC"), I think it would be fun to get a contest on the IL side of the river.
I want to do the Shannon contest this year after you you talked it up so much. I am in CHiago this week for a simulcast in Millenium park and I will see you at Westmont.

Yeah, I'll be there. It's part of my gas cost savings plan... I could probably push my RV to the park... :cool:

we'll see you in a couple of weeks and congrats Kevin!

Are you doing Bassmasters at Millenium Park? :shock:

well don't push it there, I could tow it if need be. thanks, so far L-V seems nice.
We are simulcasting for Chicago Opera Theater into the Pritzker Pavilion at Millenium Park

Back