/*/*/*/ North Texas Brethren Spring Bash - April 12th, 2014 \*\*\*\

I think if we do a "friendly wager" type thing (which I am totally up for) that we go with an open BBQ meat cook (i.e. chef's choice). That way we get a variety of food to eat. Everyone votes for all of the dishes in order of preference but cannot vote for their own.

I think if we do a "friendly wager" type thing (which I am totally up for) that we go with an open BBQ meat cook (i.e. chef's choice). That way we get a variety of food to eat. Everyone votes for all of the dishes in order of preference but cannot vote for their own.

I'm down with that too.

Or just make sure folks have their own containers and coolers to take leftover food home. Could even bring a vac sealer or 2.

Open or by type of meat, not cut sounds good, too. Beef (brisket, chuck, shorts, clod, etc), pork (butts, ribs, etc), chicken, other (desserts, misc meat dishes that don't fit the other 3)...

I'm down for a beef cook off for sure. Need to allow for folks (myself included) who can't transport their cooker I think and allow pre-cooked entries.

Excellent work y'all! Looks like a fantastic time. Thanks for putting up the pix! :clap2:

I'm down for a beef cook off for sure. Need to allow for folks (myself included) who can't transport their cooker I think and allow pre-cooked entries.

Uhh huh, I see Billy placing his order now online at Franklins to have a Brisket shipped to him! hahaha

Or just make sure folks have their own containers and coolers to take leftover food home. Could even bring a vac sealer or 2.

Open or by type of meat, not cut sounds good, too. Beef (brisket, chuck, shorts, clod, etc), pork (butts, ribs, etc), chicken, other (desserts, misc meat dishes that don't fit the other 3)...

I like this plan. Pig, cow, bird, and "other". Grand champion gets a bottle of Cabo with their name written in Sharpie on the label. :laugh:

I'd be more than happy to share smoker space with anybody who can't bring their own, and I own two WSMs and a Performer, so if you can cook on a Weber I can hook you up with equipment.

Uhh huh, I see Billy placing his order now online at Franklins to have a Brisket shipped to him! hahaha

That's funny.

I like this plan. Pig, cow, bird, and "other". Grand champion gets a bottle of Cabo with their name written in Sharpie on the label. :laugh:

I'd be more than happy to share smoker space with anybody who can't bring their own, and I own two WSMs and a Performer, so if you can cook on a Weber I can hook you up with equipment.

Yeah, I can cook on a WSM if I need to. Playing with yours actually made me miss mine. Now if a certain someone (AKA Legends) who lives up the street from me can bring his stick burner, then I am in business.

At the Backyard BBQ CookOff I'll be attending - and winning Brisket in - on May 24th they do Brisket, Ribs,Chicken, Beans, Mystery Meat and Dessert Categories......same guy has won mystery meat 3 years running , he won with OxTails last year - it was just a cookout for a cpl years but a lot of ppl were not bringing meats or not enough so they made it a CookOff and now there's Too much meat every year.........

Last edited:
Just getting to see this.
Looks like ya all had such a great time!!
After looking at this thread I can see that things are done bigger in Texas!!

I think jet blue does flights into Texas at a good price. :idea:

Damn. No yeller jackets?

You done good, Peeps. :thumb:

The only nice thing about the 25-35 mph winds was there wasn't a bug in sight of the pavilion!!!

Last edited:
That and CD getting bitch slapped by a shopping bag...

Just saw this Looked like an awesome time Too bad Texas is sooooo far away Love the pics pf Tyler Peeps

Last edited:
Back